Calling all writers, especially those who wax poetic! If you have a way with words, here's your chance to put pen to paper and try your hand at writing an award-winning piece for us. Find all the details on our contest page.

What\'s Blooming 4

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

It's time to start a new thread. I found a few things that are now blooming.
1. helleborus
2. sweet olive
3. kerria japonica
4. narcissus

Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding
Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

The illiciums are blooming,
1. yellow flower anise
2. illicium henryi
3. illicium florida
Illicium georgia is not blooming.

Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding
Pequannock, NJ

I love illicium! Weeding, have you seen the Spring 2017 thread? We kind of turned it into the new What's Blooming thread but without the right name. I leave it to you to decide which way to go.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1437870/

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I did not see that one. I don't know if I would have post there come summer, because it is named Spring.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

My Bleeding Heart and red Trillium are now blooming. I could not find my yellow and white trillium.

Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding
Pequannock, NJ

I think we would have changed it come summer.
Your trillium is beautiful, something I never tried. I love the leaves.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I have lots of chipmunks I hope they did not dig up my white and yellow Trillium. I planted the trilliums last summer. Hopefully they will come up later.

Pequannock, NJ

That would stink. You might enjoy this interview I heard recently. Margaret Roach from A Way to Garden interviewed Tony Advent from Plants Delight. An interesting mention is the trillium laundering business. There is both an article format and a podcast.
http://awaytogarden.com/growing-trilliums-tony-avent-plant-delights/

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Loretta!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.