MAY-Challenges, Projects and Organizing ourselves..let\'s chat and share!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over from here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1439860/

On the bright side Pat they aren't all living with you...what a time you've had of it..how is Ben? Did you ever get the new co-worker

May showers brings mpMay flowers they say, with all this rain there should be an abundance if the old adage is correct.

We have all made it through the harsh winter, now we smile and enjoy all what Mother Nature will awe us with and on days we cannot play outside we will awe her with our projects.

The girls who come sewing on Tuesday mornings will come today, won't be roomy but best I can do until the basement is remodelled.

Going to Barrie to pick up new car either this afternoon or tomorrow so I'll pick up tones of greys and browns to play at thread painting this wolf, won't go overboard but think it would add to the project..have 3 projects upstairs that I kept out to work on but some of the supplies needed got packed away and are in the storage pod.

Missed some of you, must got back to previous thread and re read
What will you enjoy doing today?

This message was edited May 2, 2017 7:25 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Pat, the boy had only minor cuts & bruised and was treated and released. My DD posted a photo of the car and I about had another heart attack. His side took the brunt of the crash and I don't know how he survived.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Scary situation for sure Karen.

Raining here, going to have lunch then off to see doctor..Lordy. Sure are crammed in the little sewing room...ok for me but for 4, not!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Drive safely in the rain Betty.
Karen, glad to hear he was lucky with that crash.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Karen - awesome that he "lucked out" and had only minor injuries - very scary!

Wallpapering is almost done, and painting IS done. Now, to put in the laminate flooring, and trim, then the panelling on the last wall.
The wallpaper is brown peacocks (yes, I love peacocks lol) and this is a closeup.
The light yellow wall is the right colour - for some reason the other wall looks darker, but it's not - it's the same colour.
I'm remembering what it used to look like.....

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Victoria Harbour, ON

Susan, love colour choice and what a job you've done on the wallpaper job..can see both you and bob enjoying the space.

Thanks lindakay..torrential rains play havoc when driving..after doc appt went and picked up new wheels..drives nice

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get some sewing done

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Here's a picture of the panelling we're putting on the 4th wall as it was installed by a previous owner. We got it for free!!

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Betty, what did you buy for new car?? Pics? what fabric did you choose to coordinate with the wolf?
Susan, looking good!
Karen, how is your granddaughter doing today? Tired, headed to bed.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thanks, Pat.
I'm waiting for pics of the new car too, Betty!

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Susan, love the paint and paper, but LOVE that paneling!

Karen, repeat...How is the DGD doing?

Betty new vehicle? PICS please.

Had sunshine yesterday, cloudy again today, but nothing compared to what is happening in Missouri and Illinois/Indiana areas.

DGD is being very stubborn, she feels good and so is rebelling against Drs. orders. Daughter took letter with orders to school so they are now aware of her limitations. She's especially worried about her welding class as she was entering a competition and now won't be able too. She's very good at and loves welding. Dr. said too much stimulation can cause her permanent damage so instructor now knows she can only work a short time and must rest. She has to understand there will be other competitions but we only have one of her.
Photo is of her earlier this year at her dad's shop.

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Victoria Harbour, ON

How disappointing for her Karen, take it from me she must o as told and it will be lengthily process.

Doctor told me yesterday I'm expecting too much too soon and I will do more harm stressing obpver my limitations and prolong healing process..still need to rest big time. Such a pretty rl Karen, how disappointing for her..always another year!

2017 chev cruise hatchback.. photo doesn't do justice to color.. color is called starburst orange, 3 different layers of paint..on a dull day it looks orange, on a sunshine day it looks metallic gold with a tinge of orange..

Has much more room in it than the sonic.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Beautiful car Betty.

Karen, it is so hard to tell a young one not to do too much.

Pretty snazzy car Betty, they will certainly see you coming.
Well Betty I think we all know how hard it is to not do what we feel we need to do or want to do. We all seem to champ at the bit when we have things we feel are important. Linda no matter the age, there are very few of us just willing to sit.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Until you have no choice!!!! Sure hope she listens Karen. I will keep her in my prayers.
Like the car Betty. Is orange the new black?
We had about two hours of actual SUN today!!!! And now it will be rain or showers for the next week and a half..... I'm really tired of dreary.....

What a beautiful girl! She'll be turning heads at ANY welding competition!

My cousin had massive stroke and tomorrow morning will be 48 hours, if no neurological responses his wife will take him off life support. There were a lot of us at the ICU today.

So sorry to hear Pat, never an easy decision.

Sorry to hear that Pat. Sending prayers from Texas.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Oh Pat....... very difficult to contemplate. You have my prayers for sure.
Betty - beautiful car. Congrats on the pretty colour! We had a Chevy Cruise rental when my car was being repaired a couple years ago - what an elegant car!
Karen - I really hope your DGD does as she's told - it's tough for teens to do though. They feel they're indestructible - will keep her in our prayers

We went to Olds today - spent a great portion of the day, but got a lot done. Even went to Dairy Queen for banana splits lol Got lots of plants, tried to assemble our greenhouse, but didn't get it done - got it 5 years ago, and lost the instructions lol. Plants are in the car's trunk until tomorrow when I finish making the greenhouse :-)

Sending my prayers too Pat. Such a hard decision. Hope to get to sew for a while today. Want to get my rows put together on the quilt....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, weather alert for next few days, heavy rains so again inside day so I will push myself to sew today, seems like forever since I've done so!

Are you all getting the rain we are getting?

Pat, prayers are with your family, difficult decision to make...heart goes out to you, how is Ben doing?

Thanks Susan, this is 1st year they have made the Cruze into a hatchback, girls said they will enjoy the spaciousness on our trip south this year.

Barb, what colours and design are you doing?

Victoria Harbour, ON

What is to come over next few days

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Pat, prayers and thoughts with your family.
Hope to do some much needed yard work today, was able to walk through the yard without splashing last night, so will try to mow also.

Got a wall hanging done and at the shop to be quilted, I'll try and get to it this week yet, quilted a top from my unfinished projects cabinet!!!!! Just need to bind it now.

Still working on the one I have made the pattern for.
Please take care everyone.

Barb, Betty, yay, go sew!

Sorry for your weather Betty, we have beautiful sunshine and mild.

Sunshine here as well. So sad to see in the news all the damage from the flooding going on.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sue you are making up for what I'm not quilting, waiting for photo's..my grass needs cutting but just too wet, lucky you to get ahead of the game..

Wouldn't be so bad if we all shared the rainfall but looks like some regions getting it all.

Doing applique on a few blocks, hard getting back into it but will
It's to look for thread color seeing all is packed away
Once these blocks are applique' I have to square to 12 1/2 inches, hope I kept that ruler out

Finally!!!! Pictures of the sweater and an update on Norm's cat.
Hate how some come out upside down..... But at least you can see it.......

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

Betty, had to take today off to catch up with yard work! Been doing some big quilts the last week or so and with the rain my lawn was almost tall enough to bale. Have to mow the 3 acres of pasture yet, but there is tomorrow after work! Have 3 queen and 1 throw sized to quilt yet and then I am caught up!

Barb, what a beautiful sweater! I can knit a little, very little, so I appreciate the work that went into that adorable sweater. The cat simply takes your breath away!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Barb, love the color, oh the little one will look adorable in it..love the cables, not sure I've seen that pattern before, is that seed stitch? All I can say is you sure have patience, did you keep track of hours worked on it..would be interesting to know.

Sue do you mean caught up with your projects or that at the studio..mega grass to be cut, Lordy by the time you finish its time to start all over again lol

Still raining yuk

Love the little sweater Barb, makes me wish my fingers still allowed me to do things like that. Sewed a lot today and having terrible cramps tonight.Must have been something I was naughty about in my youth to have caused it now.
My daughter has done those tiny cross stitch works. Kudos to you.

Barb, that sweater is beautiful. Love the cat too, lots of work for sure.

Caught up at work!

Mommy loved the sweater and the cat is surely an ongoing project. You can see how much I have done and I've been working on it since Jan 1. Of course a lot of time was not spent on it when Norm as going through his operation. Hope to make up for it over the summer.....

Victoria Harbour, ON

You will be able sit outside, absorb the sunshine and stitch Barb.

Darn rain, lots to do outside but at a standstill so I will sew a bit more.

My sister Sharon wants to do the wedding quilt so she will come visit a few days and we will work on that, in the meantime I've mega applique work to do

No doubt the mom loved the sweater Barb

Sue, now you are caught up you can do a piece of your own

Off to sew

Betty, yes, I should be able to get a few of my projects going, but, having been through the wringer lately, you know how one thing just dumps on another; right now there is a problem where my DH works and it requires 24 hour babysitting. There are only 2 workers so they each get 12 hours...DH's starts at midnight... so he sleeps during prime sewing time and my sewing room is right next to our bedroom. No way I am going to disturb his sleep for my pleasure.

With all of that said, I am just happy to be able to get yard work started. Did get the tard mowed and some weeding done so it was a very productive day off.

My boss did a presentation to a quilt guild about a week ago and asked the ladies to write their answer to this question on a piece of paper and turn it in to her. Here is the question; Why do you quilt?

Here is my favorite answer: 'It is the ONE thing that stays done after I have finished it!'

Knowing I will have to mow again and pull weeds again brought that back to mind!

Have a great day everyone!!!

We had decent weather during the day yesterday, I was so tired I came home early from work and didn't even hear the yard being mowed! Stormed like crazy later that evening.
Norm's cat is simply beautiful! You have really made progress in just 4 months.

They have stopped the ventalator and John is breathing on his own for now but there still is no real neuro response, he is brain dead.
So much to do and I really just want to go to bed REALLY early instead.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - more water? I think this is your "lake" year......... it's Bound to dry up, soon!! Things come in threes - this is officially #3 - time to stop!
Barb - sweet sweater, and the cat's looking great!
Pat - sorry to hear your news - never easy to hear there's nothing more they can do. It's the Lord's will, to have his final release. Prayers are with you & the family.

I'm pleased that the den's floor is cleared & clean, and now we can put in the flooring, then the panelling - things are moving along more quickly.
Yesterday & today Bob & I were planting flowers in the yard. Once we have our tiny fence set up, I'll take pictures. Mind you, some of the planters are empty - just soil, until I get seedlings in, but you'll be able to see placement. 30% is going to be annuals, and the rest perennials.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Liquid sunshine this morning, hope the sunshine rays are in your neighbourhood..

Susan, just think, soon you can relax, been a long time coming and lots of hardships along the way but look what you will have...you will be able to relax and enjoy life.

Sharon will come about 9:00,spending the day, not so sure about the night..I picked up fabrics for her a few weeks ago when I was at Joann's, she wants to do a wedding quilt so if nothing else we will cut her fabrics.

Neighbor Jackie called, she is doing something with shams, think she ran into a glitch so she'd will drop in this morning as well, so a busy Saturday ahead of me.

What are you up to?

More work at son's back yard, they get home tomorrow.

Help youngest with another load of donations & to the dump.

I got my own weeds sprayed and will stop & see my Dad sometime today, work with Sis on doll project for an hour or two.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg you totally tired me out..
I'm taking a rest, Sharon is sewing, Jackie went home to work on her pillows, will be back and Linda/Dave came for a visit and brought me something..will take photo's in a bit

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.