SEPTEMBER Ideas,Challenges,Organizing ourselves..time for friends to gather for a,Sew Sew Chat!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes, it's already September,best time of year is it not?
Trees are already starting to turn color, imagine.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over, thanks for reminder Susan..

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1455973/?page=5#post_10321450

This message was edited Sep 3, 2017 11:10 AM

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

you're very welcome, Betty :-)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Rainy day so I'll play today,might put a cork pumpkin together although I don't have the embellishments to put it completely finish it but it's a start, have the thanksgiving wallhanging to quilt and the Halloween throw on the frame, lots to keep meet of mischief
Corks and quilting call my name but cannot go downstairs until I put turkey in the oven

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Waiting for cork ends to dry

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I think I'll go do a mural. I already washed the filters for the furnace, and they're outside drying. Beautiful day!
I'm halfway through painting the hallway & entranceway wall red - I've painted around the door & past the security panel to the left of the door. The darkest part is the correct colour
Forgot to post this lol
Well, tried to do the mural, and it was too light outside for the picture to shine on the wall (I have a projector). I was going to do it freehand, but Bob said he thought I'd better do it with a projector.
The son-in-law next door is continuing to work on his parent's fence, before they move in, so I haven't met our new neighbours yet.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Looks great Susan and I love the wrought iron.... And the angel!!

Looks great Susan and I love the wrought iron.... And the angel!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Bright color susan, that is a lot of painting, I still have 2 rooms in basement to do, needs find energy or call someone in to paint them, more likely the case.

Girls come this morning, best I gomake coffee

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

The angel is one I got when I took my sister Alice to Cancer care app't and they were selling them. Now I keep it up all year in memory of her.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Nice memory Angell Susan.

Girls left about 12:30, I played with the thanksgiving piece then on the couch..
Going to make an effort to sewbinding on it soican hand sew it tonight

This message was edited Sep 6, 2017 9:16 AM

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Barb, wishing you a very happy birthday.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy birthday wishes as well Barb, hope you have a grand day..anything special planned?

Well I finished the Thanksgiving kit I had, nice and bright..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Forgot photo

Might even work on the Halloween piece that is for Melanie

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Just finished lunch and Lolli is sleeping. Gonna sneak up and sew for a bit.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Haven't heard you mention Lolli's mom in a bit Karen, she must be working?
Enjoy your sewing, what are you working on? on my way back downstairs before the couch calls me back again.

Thank you all for my birthday wishes. It has been a good day - heard from all the kids and grands too. My quilt went to the quilter yesterday but I told her no hurry as I know she has a few in front of her. My daughter gave me a card with all the money I need to pay the quilter. A blessing indeed.
Hope you are going to tell us that Lolli's mom is working Karen. And that they are contributing to the household expenses. No way should you be burdened with any of it.
Love the Thanksgiving quilt Betty.

Thank you all for my birthday wishes. It has been a good day - heard from all the kids and grands too. My quilt went to the quilter yesterday but I told her no hurry as I know she has a few in front of her. My daughter gave me a card with all the money I need to pay the quilter. A blessing indeed.
Hope you are going to tell us that Lolli's mom is working Karen. And that they are contributing to the household expenses. No way should you be burdened with any of it.
Love the Thanksgiving quilt Betty.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happyyou hadagreatday Barb..
Couldn't get a better gift, $$$ for the quilting, your daughter knows you well.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Happy belated Birthday Barb!
Thanksgiving quilt is so lovely, Betty!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, high of 61 today with rain, ground is saturated, not complaining though..

Not much going on today, going to have breakfast then go downstairs and finish quilting the Halloween piece so I have something to sit and hand sew, besides that nada..

What do you all have planned for the day?

Prayers to all and those who have friends and family in Florida..

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I am a native S. Floridian from Miami Beach. Most of my family is there. My sister is up-coast a bit in Vero Beach. I've encouraged her and her husband to come up but she is in charge of an animal shelter and very committed to her charges. I have lived through several horrible hurricanes where roofs were ripped off of neighboring homes. Even if you live off the "Beach", flooding can be severe because of how built up it has become. There are no storm drains or sewer systems to take water away and the water supply aquifers become polluted. Irma is more than two times the force of an average tornado. I would have been out of there days ago. Can't tell you how relieved I am to have sold the house there.

When Andrew aimed at Florida I was visiting my folks and in-laws with the kids. We got the last flight out before they closed the airports. My folks had no power for weeks and ended up with tarps on the roof for well over a year because destruction throughout the city was so severe that repairs were being triaged by insurance companies. Miami looked like a ravaged third world country for a long time. Irma's force is more than two times that of an average tornado. I have concerns about the weather here in Atlanta over the next week. These hurricanes have a way of sending us torrential rains and tornadoes.

Back at the ranch...still busy running between Atlanta and Maypop, end of summer food preservation and seed saving. Looking forward to getting into more serious sewing projects. I always enjoy looking at the pics posted.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy Laurel, what experiences, not a wonder you are urging your sister to leave..I'm with you, I'd be long gone especially under these circumstances knowing it's strength.

Watch CNN and the is,ands that have been affected thus far, how more lives haven't been lost is a godsend seeing what kind of homes many live in, barely secure under normal circumstances..hearties out to them all.

Then to hear there are other storms in the works, beyond words.

Will be praying for your family Laurel.

I imagine with the 2 places and canning season upon you you barely have time to breath.

I just took the Halloween quilt off the frame, willsquare it, put the binding on and have something to hand sew tonight.

Well phooey, wrote a letter and it went POOF! Not going to do it all again. It's enough to say it was a pretty good rant.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Laurel - I hope you're safe & dry over the next while (storm season).
Talking with my friend Susan in Forest Park GA & she's expecting torrential rains, etc too. Hope neither of you have tornadoes, but it sounds almost like you're "used to it"

Keeping Thunder, Jean, Pam, Mittsy, Marion, Laurel and all in the path of Irma in my prayers. As soon as any of you can, let us know what help you may need.

Keeping Thunder, Jean, Pam, Mittsy, Marion, Laurel and all in the path of Irma in my prayers. As soon as any of you can, let us know what help you may need.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, high of 61 today but no rain..hurrah

Keeping all in my prayers..see the damage done in Barbuda and yet another hurricane right behind it that is expected to hit, ohh how do people survive such things?

Still in my Jammie's, should have breakfast then get dressed..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Meeting up with a dg friend next weekend in Buffalo, thought if I could find enough fabric I'd make her table topper...found enough fabric for the squares but short of leaves so I improvised

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Susan, I didn't know you have a friend here. Have you visited her? I am in Sandy Springs, on the opposite side of the city but inside the Perimeter.

Well, things are looking precarious for Atlanta now though nothing like S. FL. I'm sick just thinking about it. Of course, people come first but so many historic sites and attractions were devastated by Andrew twenty five years ago and who knows what's in store now.

We have canceled plans for Maypop this weekend. My Honey has pneumonia. I am tasked with getting the greenhouse ready so that the two hundred or so orchids summering outside can be moved swiftly if necessary. Maybe there will be time to sew (making lemonade out of lemons). Have a great weekend all.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sorry Larel to hear your hubby has pneumonia..you have that many orchids Laurel?big job putting them away for winter.

Been riveted to CNN listening to news of Irma..there just aren't any words to describe I'm sure how you are all feeling, such massive areas going to be hit, to include Georgia and South Carolina as well, mind boggling .. have but prayers to offer..

Did get table topper top put together, should have quilted it bit there is always tomorrow.

Betty, I have that few orchids these days. I've had over a thousand.

Have a call in to my sister for an update and plan to call cousins. I'll let you know later in the weekend.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg, never heard of anybody having so many orchids.

Good bless all

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Laurel - my friend Susan has been here 4x - March of 2015, 2016 & 2017, then July of 2017. I've never been to her place but we'd sure like to.
I just heard from a friend (Audrey) here that her daughter (lives in Dominican Republic) is expecting another hurricane, following the same path as Irma. This one's Jose (Cat 4) As well, there is another hurricane called Katia (Cat 2) which will go west, to the Gulf of Mexico. The area touched by Irma will be weakened, and to get another hurricane right on the heels of the first one is devastating! Audrey's worried about her daughter, but so far she's safe. They have no electricity, and therefore no phone. Audrey's not sure how her daughter phoned her before, but she can't reach her now. She's watching the major news for any info.

This message was edited Sep 9, 2017 8:41 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

These storms are horrendous,everyone must be overwhelmed with what has happened to them and to have more storms moving in beyond overwhelming. Hope your friends daughter and family remains out of storm path susan.

High of 61 today, right now it's only 42 so think I'll go into town do groceries and look around, come home and quilt the piece I worked on yesterday for dg friend and hopefully when weather hits it's peak I can go to back shed and do some organizing.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Managed to finish the 3rd table topper for dg friend..even though I didn't have 4 leaves the other leaves/nuts look ok

Hot bath awaits me lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

That is lovely Betty. I like the the way you did it.....

I do too Betty, pretty fall colors.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - lovely quilted piece!
I'll see Audrey at church tomorrow, I hope, and will see if her daughter Sandy is doing ok
Today we went to Refuge Ranch and really enjoyed the concert - very gospel & there was a Salvation Army captain (or colonel?) there, telling us some of his mission stories and playing the piano & singing. What a beautiful baritone voice!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks, table topper does look good on table....now to find my fall totes in back shed to set things out.

Did quilting on my regular machine, before I set a piece on the quilting machine must play with settings as it's skipping stitches..I've tried all regular avenues like new needle, cleaning bobbin case and area so if more adjustments font work I'll have to bring it for repair.

Glad you enjoyed your outing susan.

Although the grass is so wet I have to kick myself of the chesterfield and get out back to clean shed and find fall totes
Enjoy your day

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.