Pill #3

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Ok, so I had another appointment with the wonderful psychiatrist today about my bipolar disorder. He added a third medication to my list. Like I don't have a hard enough time trying to remember to take two of them as it is because I take them at different times during the day. Does anyone else here have a bipolar disorder (manic depressive)? Sure could use to talk to someone else with this problem.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Flo, I have a couple of friends who have bi-polar.
Be sure you check with the DR before you take the xenaphrine or whatever it is. I'm thinking that it's not a good mix.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Flo,
I have lived with someone that had bipolar disorder before.
I will listen if you want to type but I am not sure I would be much real help. It is a hard disorder to deal with for the person that has it mostly but also for those that love them. Just do what your Doctor says and DO NOT stop taking anything without his knowing it. If you trust your Doctor you must listen to them.

(((((((((Flo))))))))

Georgetown, IN(Zone 6a)

I was finally properly diagnosed with bipolar disorder last year. After many many episodes of depression a Doc finally asked the right questions. The manic episodes that always precluded with depression was not something I complained about! I could live with the bouts of sleeplessness, after all I got so much accomplished. Wonderwoman!!!! But the manic spending and obsessive behavior was very disruptive to family and friends, as well as deprimental to my well being. (and wallet) There are 3 "types" of bipolar disorder. type 1 is more to the manic side. type 2 is more to the depression side. and type 3 is a cronic recurring.- more than 2 or 3 episodes of both in a year...At least that is how I understood what the doc explained to me. I am somewhere in-between type 2 and 3. My depression is totally unbearable. I have been hospitalized 4 times from it. I am (only) 43 years old. The first time I was 13.
I have been on meds for sooo long. and they only half way worked untill the Doc got it right.... I say got it right because the combo of meds I take now seem to work. I havent had an episode of mania or depression since I started them almost a year ago.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I'm thankful you finally got the correct diagnosis and medication compo to make your life more balanced and 'normal'(whatever that really is).

Georgetown, IN(Zone 6a)

Oh, Thank you!! So am I. Since I have adjusted to these meds I feel beter than I ever remember. I have the energy to get out and do things, and meet people. before, I was always worried about haveing a panic attack just going to the store!

Just proves what I always wanted to believe - Tomorrow will be better!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images