GE insect to be field tested this summer

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

I wonder what will happen with this "test":

http://cbsnews.com/now/story/0,1597,277338-412,00.shtml

More info here:
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/biotech/arthropod/permits/0102901r/0102901r.html

This message was edited Sunday, Mar 11th 1:11 PM

Not sure why the last link posted didn't link directly. Just copy and paste in address and you'll be taken there.

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

If the people in Phoenix is something flying around with a glow to it, they'll know what it is.

The thing that_really_bothered me about this article was the research being done on mosquitos:

"Under development, for example, are disease-preventing mosquitoes that could deliver vaccines to the people they bite or carry their own antibiotics."

What if someone was allergic to the antibiotic or something in the vaccine? That could be fatal.

Saint Helen, MI(Zone 5a)

Pete2 Couldn't agree more with you about the mosquitos. Look at it from this angle.
What if the CIA or like groups put deadly diseases in the mosquites instead to use in warfare. They could vacinate our soldiers against the disease. The mosquito bite would have no affect of our guys but kill or make serious sick the enemy. Heck could one day be used on us... NWO (that's a scary group!) in the future they could collect taxes on us. Pay $2,000 per year "tax" and we will give you this years vaccine. They could call it a "Living tax". I'm not chicken little just looking at how far they could take something like that.

This message was edited Monday, Mar 12th 12:14 AM

You're right, Sari. That's _very_ scary thought!!!

LOL I've noticed that too, Patty! I guess they must have a fluorescent gene. :)

Terri

Not to worry, Patty! I promise I won't ever yell at you or anyone else. That's just never been my style. :)

I love to hear all the different points of view about issues. All of the issues we've been discussing lately are some really tough ones with no easy answers don't you think?

Terri

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images