I'll Fly Away, I Swear!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

You guys would not believe how windy it is here in central Ohio this afternoon - I'm afraid we'll just pick up and fly away if it doesn't let up! There are gusts of 50mph and I can hear things blowing down and away outside - I pray we lose no big limbs on the sycamore and that our roof and the rest of our homestead stays in-tact!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

We had heavy winds last night with gusts to 70 and 80 mph, At times it hit the house so hard I actually ducked into the doorway thinking it was a big earthquake! Still windy today but much lighter with only 40 mph gusts. I do believe winter has arrived! Fireplace is blazing and I don't wann go to work :{ Batten the hatches and tie an anchor to each leg we don't want to be losing you in the wind!

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I live where GW does and I was at Kroger getting one heck of a deal on meat when all the lights went out......here I am standing in the meat section in total darkness.......lol......only lasted maybe half a minute though.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Lost one of the doors on my Jungle House today. When the wind was blowing, the hickory nuts were falling on the house, sounded like a hurricane. Poor Wally didn't know which leaf to chase first in the yard. (He thinks it's his job to chase every leaf that moves)He is dog tired now.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

The wind's still gusting, and I can sure see we need to sand down our casement windows so they'll close tightly enough for us to latch them (2nd floor - can't push them from the outside while latching!).

It sounds like the wind is raking at these windows, trying to claw them open and get at me! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Cold bear-wind.

Midland, PA

It's at my house now. Took Brad's playhouse and moved it about 50 feet across the yard, plastic garbage cans had to be weighed down with cement blocks. Here's hoping the projector stays in the ground tonight.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey GW, we got your winds too. Bleck. Neighbor's tree took out my fence, nearly my deck, four year old and two dogs. All is well with the fence and sorting out who is paying for it. I put a picture up in the photo forum. I also left you a message in mail call. :) My neighbor on the other side lost a big tree too. Lucky for me, it fell the other direction! Whew.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Badseed, yes a good thing. You wouldn't have any yard left if it had.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Above all else I hate the wind!!! Hope it's dying down now for you folks - hang in there Kimberley!!

Crossville, TN

"It's an ill wind that blows nobody good". Looks like we all got a taste of that ILL WIND! Hope everyone is OK. I went to a neighbors during our wind storm...told her that if I was still in Florida they would be flying the hurricain flags. Only lasted about and hour then was back to normal...windy! Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images