Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Garden Talk: Welcome to Garden Talk

Communities > Forums > Garden Talk
bookmark
Forum: Garden TalkReplies: 6, Views: 206
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dave

December 18, 2000
8:07 PM

Post #322

Here I hope that all gardeners will share their experiences, ask their questions, and contribute their expertise to make us all better gardeners!

This time of year is probably the time when we move need this forum, as we're all planning our gardens and trying to figure out what special things we might need to do to prepare our seeds for their big upcoming production!

Your host,
Dave
kathy_727
Rockford, IL
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2000
11:34 PM

Post #45948

THANK YOU DAVE!!!
kathy
dakotalily
Lakota, ND
(Zone 3a)

December 21, 2000
3:41 AM

Post #46000

Thanks so much Dave for doing so much to help us gardeners out. You are too kind.
kimdc
Plato, MO
(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2000
7:12 PM

Post #46048

I'm so happy!!!

"Dave's" is the next best thing to...ICE CREAM!!
KimC
eiroberts
Schenevus, NY

December 31, 2000
2:59 PM

Post #46118

a couple of ?s
I have lots of old packets of seed. kept dry but last yr planted some things which did not come up. Even some things which are easy. (ex. Beets) Once read of a way to check germination on seeds. Something about a damp paper towel. Do I do this before planting outside, and plant very carefull if i see activity on seed.?
#2..I have a brugmansia inside. It seems to be always covered with bugs. Little flying things if I beat the pot(they seem to be crawling in the soil) and the leaves have little light greenish soft things all over. I use safer soap, I've use alcohol with wintergreen and swabbed the whole thing...but in two days they're back. Any sugestions.?
dave

December 31, 2000
3:02 PM

Post #46120

Hi eiroberts,

This is not the right thread to be posting this question. You probably want to start a new thread with your question. Go back to the bottom of the Garden Talk forum front page to start the new thread.

Dave
vernonmckague
Chamois, MO
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2001
10:37 PM

Post #46178

Thanks Dave for starting this site. I moved over here from GW. You know what they say about the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Vernon

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America