Drawing

(Zone 5a)

I taught myself to draw and while I am not claming to be a great artist it is a lot of fun. I have drawn some pictures of my self, Marvin Gaye, and my grandchildren, here is a couple of links to my self protrait and Marvin Gaye's
http://davesgarden.com/editgj/viewentry.php?rid=11068 and Marvin Gaye's drawings http://davesgarden.com/editgj/viewentry.php?rid=11067

WOW! You do good. windsurffer,you are one fantastic artist there. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler.
Keep up the good work my dear.
My,the hidden talents some people have her on DG

(Zone 5a)

Thanks, I can draw anything that I see but as I said there is always room for improvement.

Mason, MI

Very nice, Windsurfer! :-)

(Zone 5a)

I am glad that you enjoyed it, I can see all of my mistakes now, maybe one day I will be able to afford art lesson. I would love to go to Columbus College of Art and Design but it cost 3,500 just for one trimester.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I really like that third picture of Marvin Gaye, Windy. Those are so good! Could you audit courses at CCAD? If not there, how about at OSU? I know that Denison University used to let Licking County residents audit courses for free (not including books and supplies). Check and see if CCAD or other local colleges have something like that going on, why don't you? Pursue your dreams! :-D

(Zone 5a)

GW CCAD won't give away anything except scholarships and they are few and far between. They are even trying to hit me up for a donation after I told them that I couldn't afford to attend their classes.

I didn't know about the audit courses, I'll have to call OSU and check it out...thanks.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

those are really good!!!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

You are REALLY good, I have read that if you are good at portraits you may not be good at landscapes, etc. But I think you could do just about anything - thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Wow...you have some talent, there. Great work. I agree that you should consider taking classes somewhere, not because you don't have the talent, but to enhance what you already have.

I just started taking photography classes last fall and am learning so much. I have two photos that have already won awards (one was monetary, too), but didn't learn what an f-stop was until years after those awards were won. :) Funny, isn't it? I had the eye for taking photographs, but didn't know how to use my camera. Hee hee hee.

Like you, money is an issue as we're military and I don't work outside the home, so I was able to get permission to take their 1 year certificate program and spread it out over the course of 2 years. Can't afford to do it all at once.

Good luck!

(Zone 5a)

Thank you all for the very kind complements.

Smiln32 I am so glad that you did go to class for your photography,you never know what taltents that God have blessed you with until you try. I look forward to seeing some of your pictures and keep up the good works.
P.S. Congrats on winning the contests and may you win many more, I hope to see your work in a lot of garden magazines.

WoW....you are definitely an artist!!! Thank you for showing us your drawings...

(Zone 5a)

Vic I do thank you but I still have a long way to go.

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow, very impressive. I took a correspondence course (never finished) over 30 years ago, took one undergrad art class in college when I had completed my required credits. I learned that the important thing is to draw something every day. You could always pick up pointers if you need them in books you can find in the library, or inspiration from visiting museums. Our local museum also conducts art classes, maybe yours does too.

I did not practise what I said above - always said I'd do it when I retired, and I have yet to do it. You are way ahead of procrastinators like me.

(Zone 5a)

Esther_z6 I drew these pictures back in the 80's and haven't picked up a pencil until this year when I drew a picutre of Dave http://davesgarden.com/editgj/showimage.php?iid=4053 talk about procrastination lol.
I did teach myself out of books at the library, but mostly tried and retried until I got it right...to stubbron to give up lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images