SOLVED: Unknown Pink Climber

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Isn't this pretty? I sure would like to know what it is. TIA

Thumbnail by Floridian
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

WOW YES !!! It is so beautiful wish know what the name is...Sorry~ But someone will tell you soon. I love this flowers.

This message was edited Friday, Jan 18th 5:18 PM

Looks like Podranea ricasoliana - syns include Pandorea and Tecoma with the same species name with an inventive common name here in the UK of pink trumpet vine ;)

http://www.californiagardens.com/Plant_Pages/podranea_ricasoliana.htm

I was a little concerned that the leaves ere entire on the pic and the leaves on your pic were toothed but I checked in the RHS A-Z and they say the leaves can be unevenly toothed.

This message was edited Friday, Jan 18th 6:57 PM

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks once again Baa! Now I can check at the co-op today and see if they deem it invasive. Some of my research said 'very aggressive'. Here that's usually the same thing.

You're welcome Floridian, yes it does look like it could be a monster to control.

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

Bet it wouldn't be invasive here in northern Alabama! Got any seeds? Or cuttings?

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Sorry MsBatt, this was for sale as a 3 gallon tropical. I wanted to know what it was before I bought it. Beautiful as it is it's not for me. :( Check your local stores. This one was at Target.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I have seeds of that... What a pity that it takes so long to grow to a flowering plant. But I've got time. ;)

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Evert, Are you sharing the seed? if so I`ve got time also.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Hmm... I don't have many but -- Maybe =) Want some for sase? I also have plenty of other extra seeds.. (of course these aren't extras hehe)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.