Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Speaking of gems....

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

I don't have a picture of this, and it isn't really a "gem" but it is some type of rock. You see I have a 55gal fish tank and I wanted to put some "live" rocks in it. Well one of my sons went out and was playing with his dad's old hammer and he busted up this hugh rock, well the inside of this rock was the brightest white color I have ever seen. So I decided to take some in the house and get them ready for the tank, well the more I washed them the more they fell apart. almost like the same size gravel that is already in the tank. (you know, tiny tiny rocks) I just have never seen any rock that would crumble so easy, and to be so pure and white. Any idea of what this might be??
I will try to get a picture of it maybe later today. but would really like some info b/c I can't seem to find any on the net.
TIA
** Mollybee

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!