Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

Excuse the rest of junk here but what is this plant in the front???????

Thumbnail by arptiger

Bouganvilla'''One of my favorites too' The one with the red flowers if that's the one,kinda hard to know which one'

This message was edited Saturday, Jan 26th 9:49 PM

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

No not the Bouganvilla The pink thing in the center I know it is a mess but am going to cleen it out this spring Well for the most part any way

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

whatever it is, I love it!!!

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

OK tiG you got some coming this summer when the weather gets right. No I got this thing from a lady that is from Mexio and when she went back for a visit last summer she brought some back She called it a "Donkey Ear" But I don't know the real name You can see the leaves in the photo forum of my green house

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

It looks a bit like the Mexican cigar plant - Cuphea melvillea but I'm not absolutely sure about this!!

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Can you show the blooms from another angle? I first thought cigar plant, but the leaves don't look right to me. And the color is off.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Then how about Cuphea micropetala - the leaves are slightly different!!

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

I posted a photo of my "Blue Sky Vine" blooms to {{{eyes}}} and behind it you can see the leaves of this plant. now when the small plants put out on the edges of the leaves just break them off and put them up

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I think it is a strelitzia on the right and a Peperomia on left (the little plant with variegated leaves)

The plant in the front looks cool =)

ehrikon, Switzerland(Zone 6b)

looks like a kind of kalanchoe!? may Kalanchoe beauverdii= Bryophyllum b.; the Chandelier plant, "mother and child", Cathedral plant.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Whatever it is I absolutely love it....
would love to get one of these plants, what kind of climate does it grow in? I take it that it's not too hardy since you have it in your greenhouse.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

It is a kalanchoe

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

Eclipse It could very well be a kalanchoe but it does now look like any of the others I have. The leaves on this thing are up to 12" long with small plantlets on the ends of the leaves. I have several kalanchoes even a silver but none like this

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

.....ohhh,,now that's interesting arptiger! Not like any kalanchoe I've seen either..but then there are about a kazillion cultivars.....me thinks a trip to Tyler in April is in order...heehee!

"eyes"

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, it is kalanchoe! I have one similar to it that has small white blooms, and was surprised to see a larger one at my friend's house a couple of years. The stem of reddish blooms appeared during the fall or winter on hers, and she kept them on a patio in Austin for several years. She gave me some, and mine didn't make it through one winter. The leaves on my small one are about 4", but hers are as you say, near 12".

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

....the leaves are the main focal point to me!

"eyes"

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

Eclipse, You are right it is kalanchoe [ gasatonis-bonnieri] or Donkey Ears, Life Plant Thanks a lot for the help

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Arptiger....must have been asleep...I didn't see your Blue Sky Vine........hmmmmmmm..

"eyes"

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

{{{eyes}}} you must have been asleep I posted some blue flowers for you on 1/26 in the photo forum also you can see the Donkey Ears The Blue Sky Vine has a lot more blooms on it now

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

is it a cross vine http://2bnthewild.com/plants/H121.htm ???

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

MaRose this is not a vine. It only gets about 2 ft. I had the cross vine at one time and those things will get 100 feet tall if you let them They tried to eat all the pine trees on the place until I got rid of them. PS. How is your rose doing?

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

...I went back and looked, with my eyes wide open,....{{{{arptiger}}}}....matissimo grande'!

"eyes"

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Arptiger, Thank You!!! the single rose i thought i had turned out to be THREE roses instead of one! it is doing great!!! thanks a lot!

i guess cross vine, cause the flowers seem to look the same. just a wild guess ;). i wish i knew better though... ma vie

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

MaVie, it confused me, too, because the blooms look different in person.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.