New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Please tell me what the name of this photo, I bought it today no label ????

Thumbnail by REDROSE
Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Redrose I believe it's Impatiens. The double one!! So pretty, like tiny roses!! You sure have your annuals early down in the South :-)

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Oh thank you so much temm me and I am lucky to have this only one left good price cost me $2.00 . I am so exciting. I was wondering does it will have seeds or rooting? Please tell me about this.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Impatiens x walleriana would I say. some F1 hybrid. Those are very common here but I prefer the short varieties.

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Yes, Redrose, that's a (gorgeous!) double rose impatien. What a score for 2 bucks! Most kinds of impatiens re-seed, but I don't know about the double roses. You can root cuttings fairly easy, though. Just stick 'em down in some moist potting soil and don't let 'em get dry.

Valley Village, CA

You may also put a stem in water, put up on window sill to get light, watch for roots then plant. It starts very much like an African violet. Norma

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I agree with the two above, cuttings root easily. If you make sure the cutting has little sprouts beside the leaves (vegetative breaks) you will have a prettier plant. I've not seen the doubles make any seed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images