Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Welcome Mat: One of the many!!

Communities > Forums > Welcome Mat
bookmark
Forum: Welcome MatReplies: 21, Views: 398
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
philomel
Castelnau RB Pyrenée
France
(Zone 8a)

January 27, 2002
2:31 PM

Post #22000

Hi everyone. January seems to have brought record new members and I'm just one of the many - but from the UK, so don't know how many new people there are from this side of the pond this month?
I'm into organic gardening, wildlife (in the garden and out), 'old' and species roses, mainly shrubs/trees because I let the perennials get overgrown and lose them. But have daylilies, clematis, geraniums, lamiums, alpines, herbs...wow, when I think about it the list goes on & on. Particularly like scented and aromatic plants. Now I'd better get out there and do some of the real thing instead of just talking about it!!
Look forward to 'talking' to lots of you soon.
WantabeGardener
Jerome, MI
(Zone 5b)

January 27, 2002
2:51 PM

Post #200078

Welcome Philomel..You will love it here...Just jump right in and make yourself at home...We do have some from your neck of the woods...Join in the "Chats" here on line on Tuesdays, our time 7PM to 10PM or Thursdays 7AM to 10Am our time...you will see the count down on the right-hand side of your page.when you come to visit...see the smiling faces...come on along and join...this is a friendly bunch...Again...welcome to Dave's garden...
notmartha
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

January 27, 2002
2:59 PM

Post #200082

Another mitten(michigan)person here welcoming you to davesgarden. Glad you found us-now join us! =]
dori
Sis

January 27, 2002
2:59 PM

Post #200083

Welcome to Dave's Garden Philomel'Glad ya found us and enjoy' From the Sunflower State, Sis'
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 27, 2002
8:23 PM

Post #200273

Hi Philomel - yes, we do have people from across the pond!! I used to be over there, now I'm here permanently!! Originally from Cambridge, now in Virginia. Just built a house and have a brand new garden to boot, so this site has been a life saver!! So much to learn and enjoying doing it!! The going is tougher here because of the clay soil but I'm getting advice from lots of great people!! You live in a beautiful part of England. I have some distant relatives in your neck of the woods and spent some holiday time there when I was a kid!!
Oscarsdotter
Mason, MI

January 27, 2002
8:42 PM

Post #200286

Hello Philomel,
You've found the best gardening
site on the planet. :-)
Welcome from yet another Michigander!
philomel
Castelnau RB Pyrenée
France
(Zone 8a)

January 27, 2002
9:09 PM

Post #200298

Thanks to all of you for such a wonderful welcome. What a friendly place this is!
Interested to hear of your move Louisa. My brother and his family have lived in cambridge for many years. He's a keen organic allotment gardener married to an Italian - so producing a fascinating crop of mainly mediterranean vegs. (Very tasty!)
I'm on clay like you and an organic gardener, so it's piles of compost - 3 heaps usually on the go.
Look forward to speaking to you all as time goes on
mystic
Ewing, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2002
12:21 AM

Post #200414

Welcome to the garden from Kentucky. I know you will find yourself right at home here.

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2002
12:27 PM

Post #201102

Welcome, Philomel! You will find many members from "your side of the big pond" here. Hopefully they'll soon come introduce themselves :)
Aimee
Georgetown, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 30, 2002
2:56 PM

Post #201778

Welcome, philomel! We love people from the other side of the pond!
philomel
Castelnau RB Pyrenée
France
(Zone 8a)

January 30, 2002
7:19 PM

Post #201948

Thanks everyone.i'm really enjoying myself already, you're all so friendly and helpful. And I did dip my toe in the chat tuesday night. have to practise to stand any chance of keeping up ROTFL!
Evert
Helsinki
Finland
(Zone 4b)

February 12, 2002
4:18 PM

Post #209861

Philomel - I am behind 2 little ponds and a mountain area =)

Tervetuloa - Wellcome

Greetings from the buffering zone
philomel
Castelnau RB Pyrenée
France
(Zone 8a)

February 17, 2002
10:15 AM

Post #212913

Thanks Evert. Unfortunately i have no ponds (and i'm dotty about water too), but am hoping to get one into the garden during the coming year - soooo good for all the wildlife!!
No mountains either, you lucky thing. Spent my early years near mountains and streams and MISS them.

Buffering zone??????????

Hilary
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2002
11:43 AM

Post #212937

phil I think it's great that you have become a part of this garden already. I love it when people dive in and become involved - seems like we've got to know you already :-).
philomel
Castelnau RB Pyrenée
France
(Zone 8a)

February 17, 2002
12:10 PM

Post #212952

Thanks Louisa. I've been welcomed so well by everyone, it's easy to feel part of "the family".
It's down to Mark that i'm here, so i have a lot to thank him for.
It's great to share events and experiences. There's just so much of interest going on - and so much to learn as well, lol!!
Now i'd better get off to see how the valentine scrabble's coming along!
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2002
1:49 PM

Post #213003

lolol!! Not long ago we had a similar competition to see how many words we could make from one longer word. Baa came first and then me with over 100 words. Can't remember the numbers exactly - but it was fun!! Now come the summer we won't have so much time to spend on such trivia - we shall be too busy in the garden, until it gets too hot to do so. Always have to work around the weather here!!
philomel
Castelnau RB Pyrenée
France
(Zone 8a)

February 17, 2002
2:13 PM

Post #213015

Can't envisage ever having the 'too hot' scenario, But then you know that as well as I!!
Yes, the busy season's getting under way. My garden's been neglected for a while, so am hacking my way through brambles and nettles before i can get down to the serious job of sowing and planting. Though my seeds have now arrived and will be able to start some of them in the house. - Dreaming of a green/alpine house, but then i have for years, and want to be put in a pond first and...
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2002
1:56 AM

Post #213344

You have nothing to worry about and your dreams will materialize as for me...well, if you saw my land you would know what I'm up against. I think I have photos of the new house and I'll post them on landscape sometime!!
philomel
Castelnau RB Pyrenée
France
(Zone 8a)

February 18, 2002
6:58 AM

Post #213458

Thanks Louisa. Really enjoyed the ones you told me about on your early threads. Your garden in Cambs was just beautiful and i bet your current one is taking shape fast!!
windsurffer

(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2002
4:16 AM

Post #215214

Philomel it is always nice to welcome another friend here, so I know that you will feel right at home here.
Evert
Helsinki
Finland
(Zone 4b)

February 21, 2002
10:04 AM

Post #215292

philomel, Finland has been kind of buffering zone - read some history book, but not any russian ones, they have wrong information what they have made up.
philomel
Castelnau RB Pyrenée
France
(Zone 8a)

February 21, 2002
10:40 AM

Post #215295

Yes, wondered if that's what you meant, Evert. just wasn't sure if it was that or something to do with sheltered microclimate for plants, LOL!! :o)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Welcome Mat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introduction pearl 12 Jun 14, 2007 3:08 PM
Louisiana crawdad360 26 May 21, 2009 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone.... From the Chesapeake Bay Area Chesapeake 11 Jun 15, 2008 4:12 PM
Greetings from NE Kansas! azurebloom 11 Sep 29, 2008 1:04 AM
Hello from the Caribbean knotimpaired 14 Sep 3, 2007 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America