quilt scarps

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Does anyone that is com'g to the round up in June need quilt scarps? I have lots that I would like to find someone that need them. They are solid colors and came from a factory that makes scrubs. I have tons of them and if anyone want them just let me know.

yardbird,if you can't find anyone that wants them, contact some of the churches in your area. I know our church has quilting sessions and sends quilts over seas to people and also to locals in need, so they are always looking for material scraps. Wish I lived closer,I sure would take your merchandise off your hands.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I would love to have a few. I will try my hardest to come to the round up. I use them for crafts though, not sure how to make a quilt but I make yoyo angels so those would be great I think.

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Thanks Flowox for taking some off my hands. Anyone else?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

yes!!! I have a lot, but not enough to finish my quilt!!

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Sounds good tig, please someone else!!!! Beleive me I have lots.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

yardbird, what crafts are you into now? I can find something I'm sure to return the favor!! I have a room full of unfinished crafts!

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

tig, I'm a dabbler lol. I see something I think I would like and try then see something else and try it. I just play mostly. You don't need to do anything for the scraps, I just need them out of my way. My mom lives w/me has a room half full besides what I have and I don't want to dump any of them, but mine has to go.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

yardbird, how much do you think postage would be to send me a bunch? Maybe I can make some stuff for drawings or prizes at the round up. LMK

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

flow, I thought the doorprizes were going to be if you bring one, you get one?

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Flowox I sent a box to someone in NY and it cost about $10. That was UPS ship'g. it was the size of a computor paper box.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

wow, that's much right now. How about sending a smaller for say $5 and then maybe another in a few weeks for $5. Let me know and I'll send you $5 for shipping :o)

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

I will get you a box off next wk. I will ship it usps as I don't have excess to ups since I'm not working.
Ruth

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

thanks, I'll send you $5 for the postage or should I wait until it gets here so I can send the exact postage? Just let me know what you prefer :o)

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Flowox just wait untill it get there.
Ruth

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

thank you so very much :o)

Susan

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

yardbird,
My mom volunteers at the Museum of the American Quilter's Society (MAQS) in Paducah and they are always looking for donated fabric for the charity quilts they make.

They send quilts all over the country to hospices and homeless shelters. When everyone who wants some fabric has got some,I'll take the rest and donate it to MAQS in your name.

I'm planning on coming to the Round-up,so will take it off your hands there.Will that work?
This way the fabric that no one wants,will be used for a good cause.

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

melody, that sound great will bring lots. I sure didn't want to dump it but can never use it all. The facory where I got it was tak'g it to the land fill and I couln't stand that and just went crazy getting it.

(Zone 5a)

Yardbird if you have any left I would love them. I have been so busy trying to learn my EQ4.1 quilting program that I haven't had the time to read your post until now. But I would love to have them, I will pay postage.

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

windsuffer are you com'g to the round-up? If so I can bring them along w/the rest. I guess I hate to pick out colors for anyone afraid they won't be pleased. I will if that is really what you want.

(Zone 5a)

Yardbird I am sorry to say that I won't be coming but I will pay for postage if there is any left. You don't have to worry about the colors, I use them all in my crazy quilts or in what I call pick and sew quilts lol.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

windsurffer, I'm planning on going to the roundup and since you only live about 40 miles from me I could bring you some back if you like. I could then just drop them off or you could pick them up..........would save postage that way. Let me know

(Zone 5a)

Flo your such a sweetie, but it would cost more in gas than in postage, thanks so much for the offer.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

doesn't matter if I go anyway..........LOL

it's not much gas for me to get to Columbus, not even a quarter of a tank to get there and back. We really should get together sometime, maybe for some coffee. It's not that far for me to drive :)

(Zone 5a)

You are so right and we will, I promise.

Greenlawn, NY(Zone 6B)

Hi all,
I don't follow this thread til now. What is the roundup and where will it be held?

Melody, I made a stop at the quilt musuem where your mom works a couple years ago. It was absolutely spectacular.
I wish I lived closer to Paducah so I could go again.
The quilts were incredible.
SandyR

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

It is June 29,30 at Rocky Top Retreat, Crossville,Tn. Information is located in General Dicussion Forum.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images