3/20/01

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Good Morning all! morning Patty. What a beautiful morning here this morning. A little chilly, around 47ish, but the sun is out and the birds are singing. I managed to get some corn seed planted yesterday. Today I will set my 'mators out. Yummy! My neighbor bought a pair of Barbados sheep, the ewe just had a lamb last week. He was wondering when the ewe will breed again. Can someone give me the scoop? Thanks, great day all! Blessings, Lisa

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

morning girls n guys,
Today its sunny and suppose to reach 50! yahooooooo
Spring is springing here finally, but I know it can still turn into winter in minutes! Keeping my fingers crossed that theres no more SNOW!
Yesterday started so nicely and at 2p.m. my hubby showed up from work in great pain-we spent the rest of that beautiful day in the E.R._kidney stone! WE got to leave finally at 8 p.m. He is sore but much better. I talked to the woman next to us in the room at the hospital-what about-guess??? PLANTS AND DAVES GARDEN..of course!
I hope to make it outside today-I did get a table put together on the porch for plants to get some sun, soon Im hoping I can bring lots of them up from the basement and leave overnite. Ive got a lil space heater-but it still will have to warm up alot more.
Everyone have a great day-Im going totry to shutdown this computer and get the housework done so I can go outside soon!
take care friends,
dori

southeast, NE

Good afternoon! Happy first day of Spring!!!! I'm happy to say that feels like spring here. It's sunny and is supposed to reach high 50's/low 60's.

Dori - I hope your dhh feels better soon! Lisa - we only breed our sheep (suffolks/dorset/hamp crosses) once. I'm not sure about Barbados - some people do lamb twice a year.

Hope you all have a great day.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Yes Patty he is. All of them are together. He asked me if I would mind letting him borrow my netured male goat to put in with them too. His idea of that was it might 'tame' them down some. Although I doubt that would work. They are wild as all get up. (I really didn't mind him taking my goat because the goat was giving DD grief.) Lisa

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hello everyone. It is warm and sunny, supposed to get to near 60 today and 26 overnight. No wind today! This morning I took a horse to the vet for blood test and innoculation, routine stuff. That shot the morning. This afternoon I am going riding again. Do I sound like a broken record? Yesterday the wind came up suddenly and very strong so I didn't go after all. The weather front is somewhere else now so it is calm again. No lambs last night on my check, but there was one that probably delivered before daylight, she was by herself looking a bit uncomfortable but not ready for the big push. Dori, my hubby has had kidney stones twice, it is no fun at all. To answer Lisa's question, sheep are seasonal breeders, but I think the closer to the equator you are the less seasonal they are. It has something to do with the shortening of days toward fall, but I have no experience with the Barbados sheep that are closer to wild than most other breeds. Gestation for sheep is 5 months, same as for goats. Off I go to ride. Much to do, days are getting to be too short in terms of daylight. I run into this problem every year. If there were three of me one could do the housework, another the gardening while the third one went riding. Have a good day everyone and count your blessings.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Good day, everyone. After he got his schoolwork done and we ate lunch I took a short nap, then DGS & I went out to work in the yard. We've pruned some fruit trees, cut off some small trees we don't want(1 ash & 3 thorny locust),pulled last years remains out of 2 raised beds, and are now hauling off the prunings, cuttings, & cleanings to the burning pile if they are too large for the mower to turn into mulch. It sure feels go to be yardening again.
Tomorrow I'm suppose to go to Powell Garden for a day of volunteering. I do hope nothing comes up to keep me from it. I need to get the cake baked that I will take. I take one even if someone else is baking for them too. It's my excuse to bake once a week.
Have a wonderful day everyone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images