Tiny flowers???

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Ok, I need some help :o)

I'm going to be working on some things for prizes for the round-up and I need to know if anyone has any ideas on how to make tiny fake flowers and I mean real little ones like you would see like in a doll house or something. Any help is appreciated as I have not found any small ones in the store to buy. If you know of some place that sells them and they are cheap, please let me know :o)

This message was edited Saturday, Apr 6th 11:48 AM

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

a tiny bit larger than that. I would love to make some sunflowers or something. Will have to think about it and get creative somehow, I guess

This message was edited Saturday, Apr 6th 11:48 AM

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I've looked in the bridal sections in the store but no luck :o(

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

It might have at Old America Store or Crafts Store and try look up the phone book to ask them to see if have.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I wish we had an old america store. My mom has one in TN, it's really neat. None here though. I'll just have to keep looking

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Do you have either a Michael's or Pat Catan's nearby? How many will you need? Cut some from fabric and then apply stiffener? "T" :)

Sykesville, MD(Zone 7b)

Check Wal-mart in the craft section. =)

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

you know, I never thought about walmart before, thanks, will have to try that

Crossville, TN

Susan...make your own...tear white bread (sans crust) in little peices...mix with Elmers glue, or Tacky glue...work it into a "dough". use it like play dough to form little flower petals....I make mine on toothpicks if I plan to stick them in something and cover the wood with florist tape. If I want to use them flat I just form them on the toothpick and then slip them off to dry...OOOPS...forgot to say..add food coloring to different little wee batches...If it starts to dry out...just add a few drops of water and rework it. to form a rose..pinch off a small amount, roll it in a little ball, press with your thumb and forefinger to get a "petal"...Jo

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

thanks RR, had some Sculpey in the basement still that my mom had sent me so I used it to make some flowers :o)
Never tried the thing with the bread before, will have to try that sometime

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

look at the silk flowers that are made up of tiny flowers.
also can you use anything like grape status, or other dried flowers. a sprig of baby's breath?
good luck
debi z

Geneseo, IL(Zone 5a)

Susan, I remembered a while ago I found a site because I like to do flower arrangeing and little crafts that aren't hard..and I love balloons.. always have.. once a clown.. hard to believe now.. but anyway theres a way to make magnolia's out of balloons.. The 12" white balloons I don't believe are too expensive. try this.. it was a long time ago but this is whats on the bottom of the page I printed out..www.ffgc.rg/fwf8.htm if that doesn't work, I make my daughter show me how to scan and we'll scan the directions in and e'mail them to you.. I think you'll like them.. they sound neat!! Good Luck Bon

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

the link didn't work Bon

Geneseo, IL(Zone 5a)

The link is to a florida club, apparently they didn't keep the info on the website.. I'll have my daughter scan this and send it to you. there really neat!! If a problem, I'll type it.. sorry it didn't work Bonnie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images