USDA seizes sheep

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

Check it out here:
http://news.excite.com/news/r/010321/20/news-madcow-sheep-dc

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

WOW! that is something... On a different note,last night on our local news they showed Mobile, ALA. because some used farm equipment was shipped into the port from England. The equipment was not cleaned before being shipped. The port official quaranited the stuff. The commissioner of Ag. here in Louisiana (Bob Odum) made a statement saying the Port of Orleans was under strict orders for accepting cago. They were saying how detrimental the Foot and Mouth diesase would be if it entered S.Louisiana. Lots of dairy folks here...

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Pete and Lisa..
I saw the sheep episode on the news last night (which I rarely get to watch). I felt sorry for the interviewed sheep farmers, as the one woman was holding back the tears. In the interest of our national agriculture, I support what has taken place, though. What a devastation if any of these diseases are to take hold in this country.
Trish

Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

Concerning the containers at the port of Mobile.First there were 12 now there are more.These cam from an area in GB known to be infected.They were going to disinfect them but were not sure it would work.Now no one seems to know what to do but they keep accdepting more.I wonder why we need used farm equiptment from Britain anyway.Maybe we enjoy shooting ourselves in the foot.

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images