landscape project

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

we have lived here 3yrs. the only thing here when we moved in was a $1. trailer and garbage piles. we did the veggie garden right off. now this yr with the help of DG i planned out my landscaping around my $1. trailer.
we had to fence around the house to keep the chickens and dogs out. this is now called "the safe zone" lol.
we have been hauling dirt in for a week. dh won't build my arbor till the pasture is planted end of march begin of april. i hope. that will go between the rose bed and the very long one. we have 4 gates to enter this area. 2 small 4' and 2 large 8'. i chose large beds because i liked the look and because we have to raise them it was easy. i am going to use brick and homemade stone to make little paths around stuff so i can plant and weed.
building these beds in my book is the easy part. now the real work begins. where to put everything. i am having so much fun.
the east side bed is really the west side opps lol

This message was edited Thursday, Feb 14th 11:51 PM

Thumbnail by farmgirl21
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I also live in a trailer, and I have to say that I love what you have done with the beds. It is going to be beautiful when planted. I can't wait to see more pictures when it's planted.

Cocoa, FL(Zone 9b)

farmgirl21 - you have built some wonderful looking beds. I will be waiting for pictures taken later this year. I envy you having so much planting area. I have a small yard, but I've got at much of it in flowers as I possibly can.

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

thank you. i can't wait to see it growing too. i want spring so i can plant. `but my horse told me the other day that spring is a coming. i always listen to him he is never wrong about the weather.

Vicksburg, MS(Zone 8a)

Farmgirl21, your beds look maahvelous, but you don't have to wait to plant. You can put all sorts of summer flowering bulbs/corms and perennials in right now.

Bye the way, there is an absolutely marvelous nursery in Hempstead called Yucca Do (http://www.yuccado.com) that you should run, don't walk, to, and check out. The owners go on "botanizing" trips all over Texas and Mexico in search of new plants to introduce into the horticultural trade. The great thing about them is the plants that they sell are tailor made for your neck of the woods.

FYI, I grew up just right down the road from you in Spring Branch and graduated from Spring Woods High - used to play a lot of golf at the Hempstead Golf course when I was in high school.

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

i have been to yucca do also peckerwook gardens right next door. i got a lot of ideas from there. both great but a little pricie.
most of the plants i have marked for in my new beds are seed of young plants that have been in the greenhouse. i am letting them all out in the daytime air and turned the heat way down. i started trans planting a few things today and will do a bit more everyday.
all my bulbs and perennials are starting to come up in the older bed i had planted. that bed everything is popping up it is looking good.
my trees are budding all around too i really think spring is here. lol

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

You have done a wonderful job. No wonder I don`t hear as much from you. I have been doing the same thing only by myself. My husband works everyday and gets home after dark. I will be waiting for the next photos also.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images