[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

I do! I love to listen to that Italian hunk, Andrea Bocelli (sigh) when I'm contemplating how to solve all the problems we have in agriculture. LOL ;)

Terri

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I listen to a mix of music from napster-from rap to rock and a bunch of oldies from my teens!!! Some days I just set in silence-thats rare with a houseful of boys-wrestlers at that!!!
dori

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

I have one cd - Natalie McMaster In My Hands. I put in the player on the days when I'm here alone. someday, I'm going to buy another one. To be honest, everybody likes this cd, but it's mine, and I play it when I want to nyah!

I have the radio on all day tuned to the conservative talk shows. If you notice my productivity here drops off at noon, it's because that's when Rush comes on. :)

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

DH listens to country or southern gospel sometimes while on the computer. I need it quiet while I'm trying to read and compose letters.

New Paris, OH

I listen to a wide variety of music but more often I have NPR on.

This past week while planting tomatoes and peppers I listened to the Indigo girls, Royal Crescent Mob, Copeland, Eurthmics, Was, Not Was, Wilson Pickett, Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, Junior Brown, Little Feat, Blues traveller and some others. I had a lot of seeds to start

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Dave;

Way to go, Ditto-head! Rush is my man, too!

Thanks Big_Red. I had the privilige of being on the air with Rush on Mar 16 - talking about Microsoft.

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Dave;

Sorry I missed it! I'm on the road a lot and listen to Rush whenever I get the chance, but didn't get the chance to catch you on the 16th. I envy you!!! I tried to get on some time ago when he was talking about gun control but was unable to get connected, the line was so busy.

Chatham-Kent, ON(Zone 6a)

70's ,80's & 90's Rock N Roll plus Howard Stern , Mancow , and Tom Lycis when I get the chance . Rock On !!

southeast, NE

I mostly listen to the local a.m. station. They have a lot of those "10th caller wins something contests". Two years ago I was on a hotstreak - won tickets & cd to Lori Line, Manheim Steamroller and an ice skating show, t-shirts, doughnuts, and a little $$. Haven't been as lucky lately - my fingers must be getting slower. In the barn, we usually have a classic or oldies station on. (Love to sing along with the oldies - wonder if that helps or hinders goat milk production!) DD and I like country but dh hates it so we compromise. DH used to listen to the Bob and Tom show but their type of humor gets a little old after awhile.

Kennedy, NY(Zone 4a)

I constantly have music going on my computer... even at work. I can work better that way, as silence drives me crazy! I even have music playing when I sleep... and usually a little louder than anyone else would have it. :) Although, my music tends to make some people cringe... or just plain annoy them... :)

southeast, NE

Patty, that song doesn't come to mind! I, personally, like the old time "twangy" type country music - used to hate it - must be my age! DD loves to irritate her dad with some of the songs ("I'm a pickup man" "Kiss this and I'm not talking about my ruby red lips", "She thinks my tractor's sexy")

southeast, NE

Nope - haven't heard that one? Have you heard the one called "How do you milk a cow?" It has the same music as "What do you think of me now? It's hilarious - about a guy who drives lamborgine (sp?) who goes to farm to milk a cow and can't figure what to do.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm a - eeee, gads - 40 something - working in a dot com with a bunch of young kids with blue and green hair who listen to stuff way different than me (I, too, have some blue hair, but that's a different story) ;-) ...they are learning to like country music - or at least tollerate it! At least they don't whine any more when I turn my 'puter up as loud as theres! LOL. Really, I listen to anything from the Baroque period forward - as long as I can understand the words! (I like a good story, especially tear-jerkers, so I guess that's how I ended up with country being my favorite) DD is in to clasical clarinet and has been playing some really lovely Mozart lately. Trying to get her to make me a recording, but she's shy.

I'll have to remember about goats and music and milk letdown for future reference!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Well, I'm going to brag on our DGS's taste in music. He listens to NOTHING but old classics like Bach, Chopin, etc., classical jazz-no lyrics, please-and gospel. What a relief.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Gimme some of that old rock and roll music - any ol time will do it!! :-) Like the classics too! And of course, Barbra Streisand

This message was edited Monday, Mar 26th 6:53 PM

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Dave, I'm sorry, but I just can't do Rush...he gets my feathers up every time I am forced to listen to him. DH likes Rush, and blames my liberal arts education for brainwashing me.....

Anyway, in the morning car pool we listent to classic rock and the Rick & Bubba show (if your local stations don't carry them, you're missing out on some funny, if un-PC stuff!) Some afternoons I listen to Dave Ramsey; I just run it through my PC and leave it on until he goes off the air. Or I have absolute quiet in the house - no TV, no radio, nothing. Silence is wonderful, while it lasts!

Then my kids take over the TV remote, and it's NickToons until I make them change it to the news.

southeast, NE

Patty - "My DD sez it's funny!
This is a joke...
Ya git yer farm, wife, truck, and dog...BACK. "

(LOL) - good one - so true!

Joshua Tree, CA(Zone 8b)

Oh yes , I love to listen to music, while I cruise the internet. Napster, mostly.

Crescent Mills, CA(Zone 8a)

Hi folks! I love gardening and love music...all kinds. I found myself alone after 23 years of marriage, living in a very old funky house in the Sierras. Just finally got my stereo hooked up. Music makes my heart sing almost as much as watching plants grow. Unfortunately, I left my beautiful garden in the Bay Area, and now have to figure how to start over...LOTS of shade from the pines, firs and oaks that haven't leafed out yet.

If anyone wants to make a taped copy of their favorite music and send it to me, I will send you a bunch of seeds in return. I love everything but rap...my kid did THAT to me. I love the Dixie Chicks, Kim Richey, Andrea Boccelli (my trip to Italy hooked me), country, rock, jazz...pretty much everything.

Let me know if you are interested and I will send you a special gift of seeds in return.

Thank you,

Heidi

(Zone 8a)

I am a musician and a music
lover as well. I have too
many CD's and tapes to even
list. I too blare it while
on the puter.
Bonnie Raitt (blues)
Stevie Ray Vaughn (blues)
Billie Holiday (blues)
Jethro Tull (oldies)
Harry Connic Jr. (jazz)
Diana Krull (jazz)
Sheryl Crow (rock)
Dave Matthews (african blues)
Counting Crows (just plain good rock)
Blues Travler (blues)
Whitey Ford (blues)
And on & on & on!
JEWEL

Kennedy, NY(Zone 4a)

hmmm... my cd's... this could take a while...

I have every cd by these people:
Dave Matthews Band
Metallica
Tori Amos
Garth Brooks
Dream Theater
Alice In Chains
Deftones
A Perfect Circle
Live
Tool
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Johnny Lang
Boston

man, I can't even remember them all... plus I have about 30 or 40 more cd's that are hodge-podge... 1 of this artist, 2 of these... right now I'm into Canadian bands... Tea Party, OLP, Tragically Hip...

I spend way too much money on music... :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images