Photo by Melody

Plant Identification: SOLVED: Anyone familiar with Diascia?

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 3, Views: 77
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ShadowCat
Cocoa, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 24, 2002
3:09 PM

Post #23792

Just posted this thread in the general discussion section, then found this group and realized it belongs here.

I just planted this flower last week and can't find any info on the Internet or in my plant books.

It likes water and shade and has rosy pink tubular flowers. Small annual, believe it's related to the snapdragon.

Brugie
Chariton, IA
(Zone 5b)

February 24, 2002
4:57 PM

Post #217190

I just did a search on Google and stopped counting at 8 pages of web sites. Lots of information out there. If you need me to pop some links in here, let me know. It is perennial, but to what zone, I didn't see. It is also called Twinspur. If it quits blooming in the heat of the summer, one site suggest cutting it back to an inch or so and it will start growing again for nice fall bloom. There are a lot of different colors of this plant, but the dark pink looks to be the prettiest to me. Logee's even has one, I believe apricot color, for sale.
Baa

February 24, 2002
5:00 PM

Post #217192

What species is it? D barberae is a popular trailing hanging basket flower here, these tend to be mat forming perennials but are tender and grown as annuals, saying that we keep ours in the greenhouse where they seem to survive quite happily. They have a very long flowering season too.

They need moist but well drained soil in full sun or partial shade in the UK, in the US it may need shade in the hottest parts of the day.
ShadowCat
Cocoa, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 25, 2002
3:14 PM

Post #217646

Thank you for your help. I'm wondering if I misspelled it when I searched for it. I, too, use Google.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America