Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

SOLVED: Grass

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Not sure what this is. Reminds me a little of liriope (monkey grass) but the stems are not as rigid. They also have a purplish hue along the edges and more toward the inside of the stems where they all meet together. Roots are very similar to lirope and mondo grass.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thumbnail by smiln32
Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Call it Mondo grass!! But it is a little lighter in color than most Mondo.

We have mondo grass in our yard and this isn't the same thing. It's a lot taller. I know there are so many different kinds of grasses. This doesn't seem to spread as quickly as the mondo grass we have or as fast as the regular variety of monkey grass we also have gobs of.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I wonder if it is spiderwort? A Tradescantia variety. Looks like the same type roots.

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi, It looks like spiderwort to me also,mine have the purplish hue almost striped down by the roots.

Thanks. I'll do some research now that I have something to go on. You guys are awesome.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Not like tradescantia leaves though..they have leaves in whorls at the ends of the stems..this doesn't looks like a bulb or nut grass type only larger.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.