AuthorContent
gardengrrl
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 26, 2002
1:46 PM

Post #23906

ha ha, that's a long title!
anyways, if any of you have ever grown these, maybe you can tell me about this. i'm pretty sure that such an intircately "cultivarred" plant is not going to produce much seed, or come true from seed. but , if i wanted to just expand the species, well, could i get anything out of these? tried to take seed from it, saw the seeds, and they were mostly just chunks, not sure if they were even seeds. anyone know what these might look like?
Liz
North Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

March 1, 2002
8:09 PM

Post #220201

I thought penstemon rooted quite easily from tip cuttings. Have you tried that yet?
Sis

March 20, 2002
2:53 PM

Post #229520

Penstemon has become one of my favorites lately,purchased some "Red Rockets" last week' Perhaps some info here will help someone also interested in these wonderful plants... http://wwww.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Scrophulariaceae/Penstemon.html Sis'

This message was edited Wednesday, Mar 20th 10:57 AM
Calalily
Deep South Coastal, TX
(Zone 10a)

March 22, 2002
11:27 PM

Post #230886

I've found that if you let the little seed capsules get tan colored and just crush them over a pot of soil, they will come up. I think the seed are tiny.
I've also found that all the penstemon will root either from tip or heel cuttings. The heel cuttings root the easiest.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Propagation Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
rooting bamboo justmeLisa 14 Oct 19, 2010 10:25 AM
Propogating Aucuba dave 17 Apr 25, 2008 8:36 PM
crepe myrtle venessa 54 Jul 1, 2008 4:11 AM
Top 10 Easiest to Grow from Cuttings kmom246 296 Sep 15, 2014 6:06 PM
Stella d'Oro seeds, how to start? Melissa 26 Feb 26, 2009 12:30 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America