Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Starship Enterprise by Josh

(Zone 9a)

Two words discribe my thoughts on this beautiful flower...........OH WOW!!

gimmy gimmy gimmy.

Alan.

For future reference, do you know its name, please.

Alan.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

With shots like this give him a suitcase full of film or a 10 gazillion megabyte digital! Thank Josh for me, his photographs are a true joy and reveal someone with a true eye for beauty.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Wow that's a stunner! I've put one or two in this year. I hope they do well for me.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

You know, I thought all the breeders would really be working to expand their lines of reblooming iris, and that that would be the way to go; and the ones that bloom only once a year would eventually be phased out. Seems I was wrong so I wonder what everyone thinks of the reblooming types.

Thanks Karma, it so happens i am a fan of star trek too.

Alan.

Chatham-Kent, ON(Zone 6a)

I need to know where Captain Kirk , Scotty , Spock , Chechov ,and the rest of the alien freaks are ???? ;) I cannot sleep until ya tell me , PLEASE !!!:)

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

Woodspirit1, the breeders are working on reblooming irises, but the rebloom in most of them is not reliable in some areas of the country. I can get the iris "Best Bet" to rebloom for me some years but not others. Breeding a new trait such as reblooming into irises takes MANY years.

I would not hesitate to pay $40 for an iris that I really liked. I am awaiting several $75 daylilies that I bought over the winter. Life is short. :-)

Moorestown, NJ(Zone 7b)

Wow - what a beaut!!!! But the price tag is waaaay too much for my pocketbook! (Although that might be because DH/S are the trekkies and not moi!) :-) If it's something *I* want, then that's a different story!

That is a gorgeous picture -- hope he's going to enter some photography contests!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Lovely Karma - just lovely!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.