March 25, 01

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

morning here,
Very cold a high of 25 today n flakes of snow drifting by the window-hope they drift right out of here! I am ready for spring to stay! will be staying inside today-watching the race at bristol..go jr. and harvick!!!!!
Patty-I have 5 boys-the oldest(22)one has moved out last nov. the other 4 are here and ages are 17,15,7 and 4!!!! never a dull moment.
We wrestle always and anywhere. I luv them all!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend-Im going to play in the dirt a lil in the basement and pot up some more plants(since i dont want to put my carharts on to go out)
LISA-miss ya lots!
eveyone have a great day
dori

*GO JR. #8 wins today!!!!!!(hes overdue)

This message was edited Sunday, Mar 25th 11:07 AM

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

It is snowing hard!!! the ground is starting to cover-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Good Morning, I caught the flu from my little Granddaughter it's a nasty one, so hubby fed all the animals. He let the turkeys out and Roger the Tom thought that the noise from the chain saw was another turkey and did he ever put on a display this morning for hubby. My baby lambs are sunning on an east slope this morning. amazing how it can be so cold and their little bodies capture that heat from the sun.
Patty, Mizzou woman lost but watch out for those SMS LadyBears! I look for them to go all the way. My Grandson is due April 6th. I don't think they will let her go over her due date very far. How are the triplets?
Did the weather ever turn cold on us again. I mailed a plant trade yesterday. I hope it makes it ok. I'm gonna go e-mail our Catherine right now come to think of it.

Hi all from wintry Tennessee. Woke up this morning to upper twenties, and tonight they are calling for upper teens.

My tomatoes in the greenhouse now have buds and I'm expecting blooms any day now. Made a trade with GrannyLois for two more types of tomato plants, bringing me up to 18 heirlooms now. My pear trees are in full bloom now, just in time for the temperatures to freeze them off. :-(

Dave

Patty, normantha, i dont know which is worse, snow or a womans closet, after careful deliberation it think closet, you women are notoriouse for hording things in them, sorry normanta, lol.

Alan.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good evening. Most of you are gone to bed by now. I am just about to. Today we went to our farm group potluck and work day, vaccinated lambs and elastrated some, docked a few tails, the men cleaned fallen trees and limbs from a fenceline, most of us gals weeded and divided clumps of phlox and replanted most of them, got to bring home the leftovers. These are pink, all mine were white, and it's nice to think about where I got them which I will do every time I see them. I will give her some of the iris I rescued from an abandoned homestead where nobody has lived for at least 75 years. They only survived because they were near a little spring. Now I had better get some sleep since lamb duty comes early. We are down to about 30 expectant mothers, almost all yearlings. Last night there was one we could not get anywhere near, but she was protecting and taking care of her lamb so we just left her loose in the barn. Goodnight.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images