Tropical Lilies

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

This is my second summer for my pond and I'd like to try a tropical lily. First, is it true that they have brighter colors? Stronger scent? and Second, your suggestions on what lily to try? I have 2 hardy lilies that did very well last summer and several other marginals but I'd like to give a tropical lily a try. Thank you for your ideas. "T" :)

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

There is a little water nursery not far from here and I went there with a friend last year. I bought a blue/purple tropical lily that is day blooming and it was so beautiful. My friend bought a nocturnal fuchsia colored one that had huge leaves and beautiful flowers that opened in the afternoon. The colors were brighter than the hardy lilies and the plants had more flowers.

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you Calalily. Did they smell more? Better?

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Sledder....most of the tropical waterlilies have a very nice scent...different than the hardy types..but really nice.Try "Dauben" its a nice pale blue/white flower that grows to fit your pool.Blooms like crazy.Don't put these out in the pool till the water gets to be about 70 F.June first in most parts of the midwest....and feed em good ..Follow directions.

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Eclipse. Good, now I know which one to try. "T" :)

Maybe something is in here,haven't read it thoroughly yet but do love the pics.....http://lousviews.com/indexpage1.htm

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Wow! Gorgeous pics..Oh that's just not fair at all. I want one of each..."T" :)

Me too' Dh purchased some water lilies last year and they're still in the closet. Question,are they any good??

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

If you'd like I'll try them for you...**giggle**

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.