Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Plant Identification: SOLVED: help....what are these bulbs?

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 5, Views: 102
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
brommom
smithton, MO
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2002
3:53 AM

Post #24929

i found these...any ideas as to what they are so i can find out where to plant them...and how deep since they already have these nubs/new growth on them?...the smallest is a tad bigger than a nickel...when i find out what they are ill tell u where i found them at...lol.

thanks
cindy

Thumbnail by brommom
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Baa

March 15, 2002
9:37 AM

Post #226953

Difficult to tell as yet, maybe someone else will have an idea. Plants them at least twice as deep as their height which is the general rule for bulb planting. If you want to be sure about placing them int he right spot, plant them in a pot, the beauty of bulbs is that they don't really mind a bit of disturbance.
Linnea
Tilton, NH
(Zone 4a)

March 15, 2002
11:51 AM

Post #226998

The bulb with the brown skin on it looks an awful lot like a tulip bulb.
brommom
smithton, MO
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2002
12:40 PM

Post #227016

someone said maybe the dreaded star of bethlehem?...i have no clue what that even looks like but the person was making it sound pretty invasive...lol...i hope its just a tulip bulb...and not something horrid...lol...thanks yall

cindy
Eclipse
Norwalk, IA
(Zone 5b)

March 16, 2002
3:02 PM

Post #227496

brommom they are tulips...nothing bad .. :-)
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 16, 2002
5:57 PM

Post #227583

The white one looks a lot like my Glories of the Snow; they do not look like my Stars of Bethlehem, which do increase rapidly, but I like them.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America