-
AuthorContent
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

March 24, 2002
11:59 AM

Post #25484

I made a very nice trade with someone a couple of weeks ago and they sent a 'mangrove swamp'. This is from an email describing it
"Mangroves are the plants that form the Islands here in the tropics. Their tangle roots collect debre and stuff, and sand. Then an Island is made. Although they are salt water plants, living in the sea, s and bays. We collect the little cigar like seeds. you put then in Plain TAP Water, with some shells or sand, or rocks. And they grow into little mangrove swamps. They stay Bonsai. You can keep them outside in the summer, but bring it in the winter. give them sunny window and water. Thats it. Pretty Kool. My Aunt has one we gave her for 18 years"

Does anyone have experience growing this??? I can't find anything online telling me exactly what to do with it. Yes, she said put it in tap water, but dirt? no dirt? anyone?
KayJones
Lee's Summit, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 27, 2002
11:46 AM

Post #233083

http://wawa.essortment.com/mangroverootfu_rnrq.htm
Here is a site that should answer most of your questions.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 364 Jul 24, 2014 8:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America