SoCals landscaping finished #1

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Well the basic hardscape and planting areas are all done, now it's MY turn. I have been trying to figure out what I actually want to accomplish with this new look and it's coming to me slowly every day. Yesterday was my first time to plant somethings...I planted 5 mini roses (yellow and red) along the front wall on the left of the walkway...that way any dogs who think they want to do their business in my new yard will be sorry!! I planted one Carpet Rose (Coral) in the very right corner of the front planter and my Red Shrimp plant is up in the small planter near the front door. I bought a Japanese Laceleaf Maple (Garnet) yesterday and planted that on the left back corner near the opening between the houses. I also bought me an Iceburg Rose Tree today and will be putting that in the center of the right front planter. I need some height there, but don't want to block the view of the front doors either.
As you can see from the colors I am putting in, that I am going to stay with a red/yellow/corals and a splash of white as a theme to go with all the warm colors in my new stonework.
I have several pics to show you at different angles, so take a look and see. If you have any ideas on plant choices or where to plant it... please feel free to share as I am alittle overwhelmed.

Donna

Thumbnail by SoCal
Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

it looks great!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey LoCal,
You have done such a great job with all of it and it looks so pretty. I cannot wait to see it all planted. It is going to look so beautiful! If I can help you out with any plants or seeds, you just let me know.
Michele

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Socal - you've done a great job!!! Is that grass sod I see stacked up to the right of the picture?? Love the sound of the Acer and roses. I suppose if you built a raised bed near the front walls you could plant trailing plants to tumble over the front of the wall. Saponaria and others come to mind!! Wish we were as far forward as you in the scheme of things :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images