Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Garden Design: SoCals landscaping finished #1

Communities > Forums > Garden Design
bookmark
Forum: Garden DesignReplies: 3, Views: 311
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
SoCal
Huntington Beach, CA
(Zone 10a)

March 28, 2002
4:51 AM

Post #25745

Well the basic hardscape and planting areas are all done, now it's MY turn. I have been trying to figure out what I actually want to accomplish with this new look and it's coming to me slowly every day. Yesterday was my first time to plant somethings...I planted 5 mini roses (yellow and red) along the front wall on the left of the walkway...that way any dogs who think they want to do their business in my new yard will be sorry!! I planted one Carpet Rose (Coral) in the very right corner of the front planter and my Red Shrimp plant is up in the small planter near the front door. I bought a Japanese Laceleaf Maple (Garnet) yesterday and planted that on the left back corner near the opening between the houses. I also bought me an Iceburg Rose Tree today and will be putting that in the center of the right front planter. I need some height there, but don't want to block the view of the front doors either.
As you can see from the colors I am putting in, that I am going to stay with a red/yellow/corals and a splash of white as a theme to go with all the warm colors in my new stonework.
I have several pics to show you at different angles, so take a look and see. If you have any ideas on plant choices or where to plant it... please feel free to share as I am alittle overwhelmed.

Donna

Thumbnail by SoCal
Click the image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Garden Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Landscaping software? Joan 24 Feb 17, 2008 5:07 PM
Rubber Border Mulch from Gardener's Supply Company drop 41 May 4, 2010 8:37 AM
Garden Paths RWhiz 136 Jan 20, 2009 9:50 PM
Need suggestions for covering big white fence crystalnurse 76 Jun 23, 2008 12:50 PM
OK, here's my Spring project!! Wifeygirl 109 Apr 19, 2010 1:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America