Photo by Melody

Plant Identification: SOLVED: Which Sedum am I??

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 6, Views: 117
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

April 7, 2002
7:27 PM

Post #26440

I bought this Sedum a few years ago. It was marked as S. acre and I am pretty positive that it is not. It does not look anything like my other S. acres. The foliage is lime green and it blooms in yellow. It sends out long shoots above ground, that root wherever they touch. In a pot, it trails.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Click the image for an enlarged view.

motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2002
9:44 PM

Post #238828

Mine that was tagged as s. acre is just like that and blooms yellow. In the catalog from nursery-listed as yellow blooms with creeping leaves
Joyous
Himrod, NY
(Zone 6a)

April 7, 2002
9:52 PM

Post #238831

I have this same sedum in my gardens and I love it. I spreads yes, but it lifts out easily when you have something to plant in its place. I have it growing out of a stone wall and in early June with its yellow bloom it is beautiful. I am in the process ( with the help of DH and DS) of replacing the grass in our front yard with stepping type stones and perennials and shrubs and I want to use this between the stones along with some other creeping plants.--Joy
Peter63

April 7, 2002
9:57 PM

Post #238834

Hello Badseed,
not so easy without flowers - the foliage looks like S.reflexum from what I can see. If the bright yellow flowers are borne on stems around 15cm it is a possibility. If only around 5cm and green/yellow then possible s.acre

Peter.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

April 7, 2002
10:38 PM

Post #238852

Yikes! If this is S. acre, then what the heck is the other one that was given to me as S. acre and looks completely different?? Guess this will lead to another photo. I am also supposed to have reflexum, kamschaticum, spurium tricolor and some other creepers. I'll have to see what is on my computer or take new pics. argh
poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 8, 2002
1:17 AM

Post #238949

Badseed - I have the same two your talking about. I think we debated about this on this same forum last year. After searching around - I believe there is sedum acre (which you have pictured here) and a sedum acre aureum (which is probably your other one). I took a close up of the foliage last year of the aureum. I'll see if I can find it. The both have yellow flowers but the foliage is very different.
Azalea
Jonesboro, GA
(Zone 7b)

April 8, 2002
2:48 AM

Post #239001

Sorry - don't know Latin, but it's common name is 'Golden Carpet". I have it too!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America