-
AuthorContent
michele5000
Joshua Tree, CA
(Zone 8b)

March 31, 2001
5:21 AM

Post #3051

Anyone have a clue what this could be?When it blooms I will photograph it again. It gets clear white blooms.

Thumbnail by michele5000
Click the image for an enlarged view.

louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 1, 2001
1:52 AM

Post #64094

It looks like some sort of sedum, a succulent maybe. What do you think it is Michelle. At first I thought it might be convulvulous cneorum, but the leaves are fleshy on your plant.
michele5000
Joshua Tree, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 1, 2001
5:23 PM

Post #64225

Louisa, I have absolutely no idea. I have just purchase a book of 700 Ca. Natives ,and I cant find this one. It started up against that Yucca that is blooming and now this year, it is everywhere. It is a very attractive plant. I need to get a better picture. I think. Sedum sounds maybe like it could be it.
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 1, 2001
5:47 PM

Post #64239

What fun though! A 'mystery' plant!
dave

April 1, 2001
6:18 PM

Post #64255

Michele, you might want to try to post this to the Plant Identification forum and see if you get any results there.

I can move it over there, if you'd like me to - just say the word.

Dave
michele5000
Joshua Tree, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 3, 2001
5:34 AM

Post #64851

Thankyou Dave, That would be great. I havent done more than clicking on the Daves Garden Newsletter. I didnt know there was a Plant Identification Forum. Ill have to catch up. Thanks again Michele

This message was edited Tuesday, Apr 3rd 1:38 AM
poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 3, 2001
11:58 AM

Post #64867

I can't tell for sure but maybe helichrysum? It's grown mostly for the foliage and makes a nice plant for containers. Here I grow it as an annual but it would probably be a perennial in your zone.

http://www.californiagardens.com/Plant Pages/helichrysum petiolare.htm

The leaves would be fuzzy and it sprawls along the ground. There's several varieties out with variegated foliage.

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 3, 2001
1:31 PM

Post #64891

I agree with PoppySue, based on the picture, I'm guessing Helichrysum petiolare ("licorice plant"). It has very attractive silvery foliage with a velvety texture, and looks great trailing from baskets or planted among flowering perennials.
michele5000
Joshua Tree, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 3, 2001
7:12 PM

Post #64962

Popppy Sue and Go Vols , I say! I think you've got it!
The Licorice helichrysum , is close . It IS a variety of helichrysum. I looked on the "H" list on the link you provided Poppy Sue. And there are alot of other varieties.
The licorice variety has that large flower. This one has little flowers all over it. I think I will see if it will grow in a pot. It is a very attractive plant. Thankyou. I am going to search out the particular variety it is. Now that you have pointed me in the right direction. It helps , I think, if you have seen the flowers. Thanks Dave for moving this post to this forum too.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America