Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Took this picture in central Florida and was wondering what it was. I wish I'd gotten a picture of the leaves.

Thumbnail by Floridian
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Wow look new to me never see this one , it is pretty and sorry not know what it is but hope someone will know. Maybe Baa or Evert or even Mark?

(Baa looks round furtively, cos she doesn't know)

Do you have a description of the leaves please, it looks like a Senecio reletive but the disc behind the flower is unusual.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

The flower looks like Berlandiera, either pumila or texana, but the leaf is different. I wonder if the basal leaves are what is pictured, and maybe they are different on the upper stem.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

How tall is it? It looks like a bidens species to me. This is the nodding bur marigold http://www.ct-botanical-society.org/galleries/bidenscern.html

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Poppysue, I thought so, too, but the petals aren't notched. The leaf of some bidens certainly look like this.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks ladies for all your help. I was pretty sure it had to be one of the Berlandiera after Aimee posted but coundn't quite find a match. I'll try to get it added to the database in the next few days. Boy do I love Dave's Garden! It's amazing how much I've learned about my own backyard lately.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I was going to say Berlandiera as well. I have some seeds of Berlandiera lyrata which Mark and spourts28 sent me =) They have chocolate scent in their flowers :}

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.