Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ceeadsalaskazone3
Seward, AK

April 13, 2002
8:41 PM

Post #26883

Here's a picture of two of the Carols in Seward. This is my first time posting a picture, so you guys are my guinea pigs. LOL.

Thumbnail by ceeadsalaskazone3
Click the image for an enlarged view.

louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2002
9:00 PM

Post #242350

You mean one of you is Wheezin?? Hey come on now, who is who??? Lovely to meet you and those magnificent plants!! What are you feeding them??? Great pic - thanks!!
poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2002
10:24 PM

Post #242398

You both look great. Nice to see you two. Is it starting to warm up there yet?
ceeadsalaskazone3
Seward, AK

April 14, 2002
1:16 AM

Post #242519

Weezin is on the left. I'm holding two stems of a Greek Foxglove that Carol (the other one) wanted some seeds from, but it didn't have enough time to set seed. Ground is still frozen but I see the soil in my unheated greenhouse thawed and some of the standing water/ice drained. It left kind of an ice shelf when the water drained from under it.
Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

April 14, 2002
2:11 AM

Post #242572

Ceeads: You're not that much taller than me are you? You must have been standing on something! Here's hoping the Greek foxglove survived!
ceeadsalaskazone3
Seward, AK

April 14, 2002
10:17 PM

Post #243077

Weez, I just watered all the plants in the greenhouse. I see some alliums from you are coming up and some of the rock garden plants from seed I planted last year. Greek foxglove I watered, but it's outside and frozen rock solid still. The snow and ice here went real fast with the wind yesterday. BTW, thanks for the help! Snow and ice still here somewhat, but going fast. I know you with the tree shade won't be thawed 'til way after me. NO, I am NOT snickering! hehehe
ceeadsalaskazone3
Seward, AK

April 14, 2002
10:35 PM

Post #243092

Weeze, I'm going to really outdo you! I'll go outside and sprinkle wood ashes in a screen colander and have it all melted by tomorrow! hehehe
Weezingreens
Seward, AK
(Zone 3b)

April 15, 2002
12:04 AM

Post #243157

Ceeads: Sure, go ahead and put ashes all over your yard, but my yard is already thawed and DH is filling the lawnmower with gas. The grass is over a foot tall now, so we've got a real job on our hands...OK, I lied.

It's pretty sunny here. I always forget how shady it is when the trees fill out! We're so far from thawed, I may have to bring my containers down to your place to garden this year! Still a couple feet of snow in the yard.

Put up the halogen umbrella light in the Red Shed, and the little tomato plants are stretching and smiling. I'd just about as soon they'd slow down a little at this point! DH counted about 180 flats in the greenhouse and Red Shed. There are another 35 in the basement, and they are the broadcast seedlings, not cellpacks! It better start thawing soon!

You'd better start posting more pics before you forget how! You're not getting any younger, you know, and that short term memory..is just a memory!

Starzz

Starzz
Newcastle, ON
(Zone 5a)

April 15, 2002
12:30 PM

Post #243410

Hi from another Carol..great to see you two! I got outside yesterday and did a bit of clean-up and brought some pots outside ..spring is here at last!!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Container Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing tomatoes upside down BittysGarden 112 Jul 19, 2009 5:51 AM
Raspberry Plants in Containers MummyOF4dolls 23 Mar 27, 2012 4:00 PM
Flower Pouches? nathalyn 80 Sep 11, 2008 10:49 PM
Growin' bags kwells 53 Aug 24, 2008 3:12 PM
How to make papercrete containers. Tomtom 423 May 5, 2013 3:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America