Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

A friend gave me a start of this last year. She grows it on a bank in her rock garden.It doesn't get much bigger than this, it spreads and has a yellow bloom. She didn't know what it was. Does anybody know what it is? Thanks for looking.

Thumbnail by mystic

I think it's Euphorbia cyparissias - Cypress Spurge

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Cypress spurge is another one of my garden mistakes. It's a nice looking plant in the right spot. Mystic - If you decide you don't want it there anymore you'll never get rid of it. I still battle it out front.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow ya'll are fast.Thanks to you both. Poppysue would it do ok growing around trees where we could just mow it when it gets out to far?

Poppysue

I made that mistake too and I agree, still battling with a completely invaded rockery.

Mystic

If you mow it collect the clippings wearing rubber gloves, the sap is an irritant to many skins.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

It will do Ok there. I bet it will grow out into your lawn tho. It has creeped under the edging I put in and comes up in the rocks and gravel around the bed. It sends out runners and comes up in other plants where you can't get at it. My SIL has a mass planting of it on the corner of one of her gardens and it looks very nice. Sometimes those type of plants are better to figure out how you can live with them ... then try to remove them. I'm thinking I should just let it have a good portion of this bed since I get get it to move out.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Baa now you know how I am with gloves. lol But I will sure remember that. Sue sounds like you might not have another choice. Maybe I can do it like I do my mints and keep them dug up to trade so they don't get of hand. Thanks to you both .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images