Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Got this popping up all over my yard. My doctor says we don't have any here. I mailed it to a guy for research (poisonous plant collecter) and he said it had great oxidation spots! LOL I can tell you for sure, something in my yard gives me some nice itchy blisters.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Certainly looks like poison ivy to me. But I am no expert.

(Zone 8a)

That is it!!! Sprouts out all over my yard in spring and I get out the digger and kill it...if I get close to it, it jumps on me! LOL

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Opps, double post.

This message was edited Thursday, Apr 18th 8:51 PM

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Difinitely looks like poison ivy to me too. Take a picture of the poison ivy plant on this site. http://www.aad.org/pamphlets/PoisonIvy.html

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

No doubt in my mind. Always heard leaves of three, leave em be...Except my jack-in the pulpits have three leaves.....Brenda

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Don't touch it is Poison Ivy and my husband just kill em few days ago.

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Yep, another vote for poison ivy. I'm very allergic to that stuff ~ got some next to my eye right now as a matter of fact ("don't scratch! don't scratch! Oh, but it feels so good to scratch! ~~~ Ahhhhhhhhhhh..." *g*), so I know very well what it looks like. Kenny and I just took a walk down the creek today, so I got a good look at it ALL over the place! Ugh!!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Sure looks like it to me. Grow some Jewel Weed to rub on the itchie spots and it sure helps.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

WINGNUT!! BACK AWAY FROM THE SCREEN!! LOL This stuff is really potent. We have the vining type, shrub type and even nearly trees! Wouldn't you know, it is always hiding up on the hill and before I realize it I have hit it with the weedwacker. So Poof! I am an itchy poisonous cole slaw! Thank you all for confirming it. LOL

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Rub it all over your face, Michele; you'll soon know. ;) Yes, that sure looks like it. The doctor's nuts if he says it doesn't grow around there, though!!

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

LOLOLOLOL, Badseed! Wanna' hear something else funny? When I first read the all-caps portion of your post, I leaned back. ROTFLOL!

Yah-ha-ha, GW! You know how I figured out exactly what is poison ivy? Years ago I was helping a friend clear some creekbottom over the course of three days in preparation for a party. I ended up covered in that nasty rash ~ the only place I hadn't gotten atleast a small patch was inside my forearms. At the party, my friend and I got into a serious discussion over which was the real thing, the actual poison ivy vine or Virginia Creeper, so I walked my tequila-sodden self over to a nearby tree that had both and rubbed one forearm on each. LOL!

I gotta' get some Jewelweed so I can try that. I've tried all sorts of concotions and the only ones that work are a Horsenettle poultice and a lotion made from wintergreen toothpaste and baking soda (add a little water if needed). Th toothpaste lotion doesn't look very good and isn't real practical (falls off in chunks if you move around much) but it sure does take the itch right out!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh Kimberley dear, watch your mail. I am sending you some very special organic toilet paper. Let me know what you think! ROTF
Well Wingnut, I guess that was a sure fire way to figure out which was which. he he he I had someone over for a plant trade one day and she got pretty upset that I let poison ivy grow in my yard like that and my kids and dogs played there. Unfortunately she was upset over the virginia creeper and had waged quite a war on it at her place. LOL Until I got tired of it, the creeper was nearly covering one end of my house, part of my hill and several trees and tree stumps.

The poison ivy is really "blooming" here too. I just look at it and break out. I did get some ivy block and it does help.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.