My Dream Catchers....for Zanymuse, et al

Crossville, TN

Her are pictures of some of my dream catchers I made from the Devil's Claws. I love doing them, and no two are ever alike. Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
(Zone 7a)

Those are really nice.

This message was edited May 21, 2005 2:09 PM

Crossville, TN

Bitty, I have been making them ever since my friend taught me how...about 3 weeks ago. I have never planted Devil's Claw as they grow wild all around here, but I do have some trying to germinate now. I sent some seeds to Horseshoe and he tells me his has sprouted. Here is a link for info on them. They ripen in the fall. Jo

http://waynesword.palomar.edu/ww0801.htm#Cultivation

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow Jo you got them down pat now. lol Those are really cute.

Blum, TX(Zone 8a)

you are so skilled for such a short time!I'll bet it takes all ten fingers and then some. I've seen them at flea markets, but all that work makes them expensive,I do some bead work with starburst beads, and it also takes more time than the cost of supplies.

Crossville, TN

They really aren't that hard to make...I do it while riding in the car, sitting in Doctor's offices....watching TV (which is seldom). Keeps my idle hands busy. Jo

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks for posting these RR. I can hardly wait to get my claws into the dirt and plant the seeds for Devils claws you so sweetly sent. Joey is gonna really like this! I just hopw mine come out half as nicely as yours!

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous, RR!~

Crossville, TN

Thank You (blushing) Jo

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

those are just lovely. You sure you don't want to join the craft RR? I'll be sending it out this coming Friday. Let me know if you want in :)

Crossville, TN

Susan, thank you, but I am up to my ears in work right now...helping a dear friend move, babying these plants (LOL), and trying to get some stuff made to take to round up. Maybe the next craft RR I'll be more in line to do it. Jo

Bel Air, MD(Zone 6a)

Roadrunner, these are beautiful. Bring some to N.C. when you come.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Out of the blue, my forever-surprising five year old granddarling asked her mother last night if she could have a dreamcatcher in her room. So her mother called me, because I am Poppop and I have answers to all of Lillian's questions. I remembered this thread, and told them I would see what I could do. She has some idea she wants PowerPuff (sp?) and something pink in it, but I told her PP might be too new to work in a dreamcatcher. What can I trade for someone to make my little darling a dreamcatcher? She says she feels she is being watched and wants it to protect her! I will buy supplies and pay postage, as well as trade plants and/or seeds, if someone will make her one. My reputation is at stake here, I need help!

Crossville, TN

Aimee....what is PowderPuff? And how can I work it in a dream catcher. Are you coming to round up? I'm going to bring a few. Heck...just email me. Jo

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

You are something, learning that fast. I planted the seeds you sent but they haven't come up yet.

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

Jo,
these dreamcatcher are so nice. WOW

How long does it take you to make one? looks like lot of work!

I make personalized pens, interested in trading?

Crossville, TN

Thanks Cousin Liz!! zameluzza...it takes me about all day...if I stay of DG and get it done...I usually take my "bag" with me for "down-time:...Dr. Apts., car trips...keeps the fingers busy. My friend that sells them...and taught me...gets $19.95 for them...but I don't want to sell anything...it takes the fun out of making them if I have to set a price. Karen7 made me a lovely blown glasss bead for sending her some claws...for her craft projects...I'm sure we can find something I like to trade for....any interesting ROCKS in your area...like crystal or something...we are "Rock Hounds" here. Jo

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

Jo,
Rocks? I have no idea if we have any interesting rocks here :-)

lots of rocks in the fields here *LOL* I have to pick them when I'm on the tractor.

the only few things I can do in crafts are some micro pony bead christmasornaments and the pens.

I also planted some seeds I got from wingnut, about 6 germinated. I can't wait to see the claws up close :-) they look so interesting.

Crossville, TN

zameluzza...you have email...Jo

Midway, WV

Hey Baby Sis . just remember your older sister has ALWAYS wanted one... and I love eagles...hint-hint!!MaryK

Crossville, TN

OK...I'll bring the "makings" and we'll do yours while I am there!!..."busy hands stays out of the dish water"! LOL Jo

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

I knew it,you always have to do something when it's dish washing time. LOL

Crossville, TN

Liz...I have it down to a SCIENCE!!! I hated it when we got the "inside out house"...there went one of my hiding paces at dish-washing time! LOL Jo

Midway, WV

And , if I may add at dish washing times...she would dry as I washed them....she would sing this gosh awful song about "goin' to the garden to eat worms"...owwwww what an ugly voice she would sing it in ..I would yell at Mama to make her shut up , but it didn't help so I would just tell her to go on ...I would dry the dishes just so I wpuldn't have to listen to her....you see, she was the BABY of the family!!! But I still love her after all these years!!! hahah

Crossville, TN

Mary Darling...I will come to your house and "seranade" you in JULY!!! Believe it or not (as in Ripley's)...I don't dread the dishes at all now...in fact, both DD's loves to see me come as I will do their dishes for food! LOL Sister Jo

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, think I'll eat a worm;
First one's easy, next one's greasy,
Down in the garden eatin' worms.

Never did know all of it. Did she also sing about "don't step on that worm" or something like that? Ended up saying "he'll go home to his wife in pairs and they'll have problems." My DD had a boyfriend in high school who would sing that one in the worst flat voice, and was truly convinced he was going to someday be discovered while strumming his guitar and singing. I know exactly how you felt, and why you told her you would do the dishes without her. Jo, shamey on you!

Midway, WV

Yes, and when she gets up here to WV , I might just smack her for old times' sake!!! She can't run and tell Mama now....haha and yes,Jo, Dave is the one that does the dishes but he will be glad to turn the job over to ya'....

Crossville, TN

Aimee...I never did learn all of it...didn't have to! I had another one in reserve...Old Woman, Old Woman, won't you darn my socks for me...LOUDLY! Mary...I'll raid all that junk in your basebment and have it out for a yard sale so fast you won't know what hit you!!! LOL Jo

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Jo, you must have been a real handful!

Crossville, TN

Spoiled rotten!!...for about 2 years...then Mama and Daddy started being blessed (??) with grandchildren to vie for their attention...DRAT! LOL Jo

Crossville, TN

Bumping this up for Kachingirl.....Jo

Sun City, AZ(Zone 9b)

Please bring some of your dream-catchers to the SWAP -- if you price 'em, maybe I can entice 'em ....all else fails, cray til you give me one for SOMEthing!

Crossville, TN

I won't be able to come to the swap...I will be in Virginia Nov. 12th thru 19th...sorry!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images