-
AuthorContent
Ali
Rockwood, ON
(Zone 6a)

April 2, 2001
4:08 PM

Post #3127

I am starting these from seed. They are about 2" high but are leaning over. Should I secure them with a toothpick or will they just get stronger over time?

Thanks
poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 2, 2001
9:54 PM

Post #64731

Ali,
Don't worry ~ They'll be fine. They'll get stronger and form a small clump over the summer. You may get some flowers this year but next year they'll be taller and put out more blooms. I've found them to be tough plants and can handle quite a bit of abuse. The hummingbirds and butterflies love them!
Tootface
Clinton, TN

April 29, 2001
8:34 PM

Post #71740

I've just joined the garden and noticed a thread on Maltese Cross. What do these look like and what is a good source for them? My husband is the chief at our volunteer fire dept. A maltese cross is used in the firefighter emblem and I'd love to surprise him by adding a flower of this name to my garden.
Wendy

(Zone 9a)

April 30, 2001
4:46 AM

Post #71797

Tootface, Here is a site with a pic and info on the Maltese Cross (Lychnis chalcedonica)

http://hg.women.com/homeandgarden/plants/lychchal.htm

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Perennials Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Campanula Wonder Bells Blue Gloriaglolms 37 Apr 11, 2009 4:28 PM
Oriental Poppy Pops! Weezingreens 34 Jun 27, 2010 6:36 AM
BLUE FLOWERS Lori_Illinois 62 May 4, 2010 4:09 PM
Triple Roadside/Ditch lily OhioBreezy 21 Jul 9, 2011 6:56 PM
what are you sorry you planted.. thehumblebumble 279 Aug 12, 2012 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America