-
AuthorContent
smokythecat
Lincoln Park, NJ
(Zone 6a)

April 2, 2001
4:52 PM

Post #3131

I sure this subject has come up before, but let me canvas the Forum again: Which commercial (or home made) animal repellent works best for you? Squirrels decimate newly planted bulbs in my garden, particularly tulips and irises. I have used Ropel and one called, I believe, Deer Off, with limited success (active ingredient in both is capsicum). Anyone have success with fox urine or broken up shells? The local garden center guru stated that you need to change the type of repellent periodically as squirrels and deer become accustomed to one kind used over a long period of time.
Also, the pepper spray types leave a coating or film on leaves and stems. All the instructions say this is not harmful to plants; but, is this true?

This thread has 74 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Classic Threads Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation: Question about seed starting Lorie 31 May 18, 2012 1:09 PM
Garden Talk: Your Garden Mistakes Dicentra 235 Aug 11, 2013 3:48 PM
Tomatoes: Need acidic tomato... Horseshoe 48 Jun 3, 2014 7:40 AM
Tomatoes: Tomato Blight! jupiter 16 Jun 27, 2012 7:30 AM
Trees: Where to get fruit trees Meghan 18 Feb 6, 2008 6:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America