Photo by Melody

Water Gardens: HAY! look! how clean& clear I got my pond!

Communities > Forums > Water Gardens
bookmark
Forum: Water GardensReplies: 3, Views: 290
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mingsmimi
Sharpsville, PA
(Zone 5a)

May 6, 2002
1:09 AM

Post #28645

I still can not believe it.
it never was this clean! I took a wheelbarrow full of leaves out if it. Cut off all the roots off the water iris that were 10000 feet long. Fed everyone my million dollar gold pond tabs. ( i got ripped off at the store and didnt know it) YES! I THINK I DO NEED MORE PLANTS FOR IN IT> NO FISH! JUST PLANTS> I stil have to restack the stone and hide the tube for the waterfallp/s/ see. if you look at the other posted photo . you can see the algae and how dirty is is sorta. hard to tell from that photo. TRUST ME> IT WAS BAD

This message was edited Sunday, May 5th 9:12 PM

Thumbnail by mingsmimi
Click the image for an enlarged view.

tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

May 6, 2002
5:36 AM

Post #256135

get some shade on that or you will have a flush of algae. do you have any parrot feather? do you have a Lowes where they might have some? one thing I don't have extra of.

crestedchik

crestedchik
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 6, 2002
10:50 AM

Post #256193

Looks great but tig is right ,you need something in there quick or the algae will bloom! Duck weed or frog bit,water hyacinth?Some thing to cover the water surface.
mingsmimi
Sharpsville, PA
(Zone 5a)

May 6, 2002
12:10 PM

Post #256227

I have shade. there is a huge tree infront of it. I guessI will have to go find some of those things you mentioned. cover the surface/ I am basically new at my pond.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 364 Jul 24, 2014 8:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America