SOLVED: Unidentified flowering bush

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Can anyone ID this one? It gets to be 5-6'tall covered with blooms. It's blooming now in zone 6, bloomtime will be over shortly. Thanks.

Lana

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Darn! I knew this one! LOL

Sorry Badseed I keep getting told off for doing that

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Awww Baa! No one should be telling you off. :) I think it is great that you know so much about plants. Keep it up!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

my kerria japonica is much much different from this one. Mine is small, very full, more than a double, it looks like a rose. the leaves look the same.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Wow Baa, you're super-fast! Thanks bunches my Mom will be glad to know what she has and so am I. I just love this bush and so does she, it was on her property when she bought it and the house is 100 yrs old so who knows how long it's been there. It was being choked out by honeysuckle but now she has 3 bushes of it.

Lana

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

tiG, this plant was new to me last year. I was so excited when it bloomed that I wanted to add it to the data base, but it is already there. I believe the one in there is the double flowered one, grandiflora maybe?? I don't remember the exact name and am too lazy to look right now. LOL

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I too have the double flowered one.

Badseed I can see their point so I haven't answered too much on this forum lately.

TiG yes you have Kerria japonica Pleniflora, really nice shrub I think.

WvD Kerrias were very popular during Victorian times so you may well have descendants of a plant from one of the first gardens there

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Baa, I have a little secret. When I come here, I only look at the question and the picture and see if I know what it is. If I do, I am proud of me for doing something with my brain and not letting it go to mush. Most of the time, the answer is there before I get there and that is fine. I usually don't post anything because I agree or don't have a clue! LOL We can't all sit around and wait for someone else to answer or we might never get answers. :) I say do what you do best!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Baa, that's nice to know about the Kerrias being around since victorian times :~) Wow, the precedents(sp?) to this plant could have come over on one of the first shiploads of settlers!

Lana

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.