Photo by Melody

Plant Identification: SOLVED: Ginger Lily?

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 2, Views: 66
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 17, 2002
2:23 PM

Post #29603

I got this in a trade last year. I left it outside all summer and kept it inside through the winter. Now that I have watered it and set it out again, it is going to town. Does anyone know the proper name or when or what kind of blooms I can expect? It grows from rhizomes that pretty much look like ginger roots. I shared this with Aimee and we want to know what it is going to do. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2002
12:01 AM

Post #263384

I think there are several diffent colors. I have the white and it blooms late summer and on into the fall. It has white blooms and they smell like honeysuckles. I remember someone posting about them last year and I wasn't aware of the different colors until then. Mine spread like crazy. I have some around my gold fish pond and I have to thin them out once in a while. I also have them around other places in the yard. They do better with some shade but will also live in full sun but won't grow as tall. I leave mine out all winter.
Badseed
Hillsboro, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 19, 2002
5:07 PM

Post #264276

Hi Jim!! Thanks a bunch for answering. Last year I had mine out on the deck which is full blazing sun. I am taking your advice and keeping it on the front porch this year. It gets morning and late afternoon sun, but not much in between. They are sending up new shoots all over the place. I really hope to see them bloom this year. The foliage is nice, but blooms would be better! LOL

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America