Photo by Melody

PlantFiles Pictures: Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 8, Views: 331
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
monika
Herbstein
Germany
(Zone 5a)

May 17, 2002
9:19 PM

Post #29643

Angel Trumpet, Angel's Trumpet 'Grand Marnier'
Brugmansia x candida

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/3025/

Thumbnail by monika
Click the image for an enlarged view.

woodspirit1

woodspirit1
Lake Toxaway, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 24, 2011
6:42 PM

Post #8518426

I have been looking for this ever since I saw this picture. Wish someone would share a cutting/plant with me. You helped get me hooked on brugs, monika.
Rubies77
Staten Island, NY

October 19, 2014
7:17 PM

Post #9961369

I had a gorgeous pink one which lasted me three years, then I decided to trim it before bringing it down to my basement, for the winter months, at 60 degrees temperature, and I think I trimmed it too much.
What a great loss!

woodspirit1

woodspirit1
Lake Toxaway, NC
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2014
1:41 PM

Post #9961804

I saw a video a couple of days ago of a man wrangling a brug out of a big pot. I couldn't believe how much he cut back and how much of the roots he trimmed back while digging it out of the pot.
Rubies, I have several colors of brugs. I could send you a cutting of a pink one once they root. I have to cut mine all the way down and take cuttings and root them every year. It works well. You will simply need to pot it and keep it in a window with sun over winter and then plant it outside in spring, after frost...Betty

Thumbnail by woodspirit1

woodspirit1

woodspirit1
Lake Toxaway, NC
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2014
1:49 PM

Post #9961808

Here is a darker one called Santa Rosa.

Thumbnail by woodspirit1

Rubies77
Staten Island, NY

November 12, 2014
7:43 PM

Post #9973753

[quote="woodspirit1"]I saw a video a couple of days ago of a man wrangling a brug out of a big pot. I couldn't believe how much he cut back and how much of the roots he trimmed back while digging it out of the pot.
Rubies, I have several colors of brugs. I could send you a cutting of a pink one once they root. I have to cut mine all the way down and take cuttings and root them every year. It works well. You will simply need to pot it and keep it in a window with sun over winter and then plant it outside in spring, after frost...Betty[/quote]
Rubies77
Staten Island, NY

November 12, 2014
7:53 PM

Post #9973762

WOODSPIRIT 1: Thank you so very much. I have been away, so had no time to get back into D/G, but now I can follow and learn how to do things here.

I want to thank you for your offering. If you cannot get me here, for whatever reason, you can email me at: brazilia008@yahoo.com. I hope I am not breaking any rules, since I am not, as yet, very well familiar with D/G's rules.
Rubies77
Staten Island, NY

November 16, 2014
5:58 PM

Post #9975705

WOODSPIRIT1

I SEND YOU A MESSAGE RECENTLY, JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT. THANK YOU,

woodspirit1

woodspirit1
Lake Toxaway, NC
(Zone 7a)

November 17, 2014
3:08 AM

Post #9975811

Yes, I got it today. I am rooting 41 brugs in my little greenhouse. I have some pinks: Cupid's Blush, Phenomenal, ummmm, let me check on the other two.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Marie Gerrits' (Brugmansia Hybrid) monika 47 Mar 27, 2011 12:16 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America