Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida)

Herbstein, Germany(Zone 5a)

Common name: Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier'
Family: Solanaceae
Genus: Brugmansia
Species B. x candida

Thumbnail by monika
Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I have been looking for this ever since I saw this picture. Wish someone would share a cutting/plant with me. You helped get me hooked on brugs, monika.

Staten Island, NY

I had a gorgeous pink one which lasted me three years, then I decided to trim it before bringing it down to my basement, for the winter months, at 60 degrees temperature, and I think I trimmed it too much.
What a great loss!

I saw a video a couple of days ago of a man wrangling a brug out of a big pot. I couldn't believe how much he cut back and how much of the roots he trimmed back while digging it out of the pot.
Rubies, I have several colors of brugs. I could send you a cutting of a pink one once they root. I have to cut mine all the way down and take cuttings and root them every year. It works well. You will simply need to pot it and keep it in a window with sun over winter and then plant it outside in spring, after frost....Betty

Thumbnail by woodspirit1

Here is a darker one called Santa Rosa.

Thumbnail by woodspirit1
Staten Island, NY

Quote from woodspirit1 :
I saw a video a couple of days ago of a man wrangling a brug out of a big pot. I couldn't believe how much he cut back and how much of the roots he trimmed back while digging it out of the pot.
Rubies, I have several colors of brugs. I could send you a cutting of a pink one once they root. I have to cut mine all the way down and take cuttings and root them every year. It works well. You will simply need to pot it and keep it in a window with sun over winter and then plant it outside in spring, after frost....Betty

Staten Island, NY

WOODSPIRIT 1: Thank you so very much. I have been away, so had no time to get back into D/G, but now I can follow and learn how to do things here.

I want to thank you for your offering. If you cannot get me here, for whatever reason, you can email me at: brazilia008@yahoo.com. I hope I am not breaking any rules, since I am not, as yet, very well familiar with D/G's rules.

Staten Island, NY

WOODSPIRIT1

I SEND YOU A MESSAGE RECENTLY, JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT. THANK YOU,

Yes, I got it today. I am rooting 41 brugs in my little greenhouse. I have some pinks: Cupid's Blush, Phenomenal, ummmm, let me check on the other two.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images