SOLVED: Rose Campion or Lambs Ear????

I thought this was lambs ear but I saw a post in heirlooms that - I think - said this is rose campion. I know Dave needs to reassign my name as clueless but I really do appreciate all of you helping me learn :-)

Thumbnail by vic
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

campion

Thank you Dori! Good thing too, since I sent my secret pal some of this and told her that's what it was.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Vic,

Could you please save some seed? I just learned that this is a biennial plant and would like to get one going next year again so that when they reseed, it will happen each year. I started mine, gave plants away, and also the extra seed. I never think first!!

Thanks,

Shirley

This message was edited Sunday, May 19th 10:14 PM

I deadheaded a bunch today and will save for you. This grows all over the place so if you will send me an email in the fall, I will send you plants along with the seed. Actually, I'll make a note in my calendar to email you around October??? I need to start doing that, otherwise, I forget.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

rose campion

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Lamb's ear has a light purple/lavender flower up the stalk, very light in color.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Brugie: Rose campion is a short-lived perennial that is often treated as a biennial. Yours may come back. I planted some last summer and they bloomed, but it is still too early for me to know if they survived the winter. I planted more this spring. They germinate & transplant quite well.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

You really need to wait til the seed heads are quite dry, almost turning brown, I would think it is a little early to get mature seeds. Mine are in full bloom now too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.