Lovely Loretta

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

This one really looks great this spring. It's bright color really lights up the area it is in and I love the shape and rippling of the leaves!

Thumbnail by jody
Tremont, IL(Zone 5b)

Jody, that is a real looker!!I hadn't ever seen that one before.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Love them yellows, great hosta. I also have never heard of it, but that's nothing and prolly a good thing,,,lol

Avon, NY(Zone 5b)

Ooh that is a pretty one. !!

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Wow, this is an old thread.

I'd be happy to share with you this fall ladies. It doesn't get huge, stays s/m. Poor thing is being swallowed by Guacazilla this year, LOL. I don't think I've got any recent pics. This is a sentimental plant for me. It was given to me by a Hosta friend I met on the net several years ago. :) It should absolutely continue to be shared :)

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

jody,
I would love a piece but have no room. I'll keep it in mind for when I have the room. Hopefully there is something I have that you want to trade.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

That is a lovely yellow. I love the way it ripples too.

Lani

Virginia Beach, VA

I have to have one and so I googled and most of the distributors are sold out. I found one and ebay has none. Bellie

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Kelly, no trade necessary. This is a sharing plant, as it was shared with me :)

bellie, I'm sure Jims Hosta probably carries it. If you can wait until fall when I share with the ladies above and there is enough of it I'd be happy to share with you.

Virginia Beach, VA

Jody; Thank ypou so much!!!! What can i give you in return, do you have a wish list? I will feel better if i give you something, .I like to reciprocate. Bellie

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

jody,
I can understand that. If and when you separate it I would love a piece. I'll just have to make room for it

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Someone can put me on the sharing list, tooooo. (Whining)
Sorry, last day of school for my second graders. It's a habit;)))

Truly, though Jody...It's a beauty!

Bev

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

bellie, my wish list is probably too long to post on any thread, LOL! Seriously though, nothing is needed in return. Just pass along a hosta to someone else someday. They are the "friendship" plant :)

Kell, it's not a giant, not even large, you'll find a perfect spot. Could even grow it in a container ;)

Geez Bev, you need to stop all that whining... You sound like one of your second graders, ;) LOL. Why don't you make a road trip up to the eastern shore of VA this summer and come visit now that you are out of school...

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Now THAT sounds like a plan! I just love a good road trip. We will have to discuss this further...
First priority...DD graduates HS this Sun. :) and :(... and has a busy summer of orientation, packing (hopefully after CLEANING), dorm rooms, and all dat stuff planned.

At least the oboe arrived today. Talk about your whining fits...Couldn't escape it at work or at home! Whole 'nother story!

Bev

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Just let me know when you have a free day and hopefully I should be able to accomodate it. :) I have about a week and half I'll be gone in July but other than that just regular ole life stuff. Maybe we can get Laura and bellie to come too.

Congrats on DD! My neice is graduating Sun too. Wish I could be there to see it :(

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

I'll just do that! I'd already threatened Bellie with a visit;)

Thanks! I imagine I'll see DD graduate if I wear waterproof mascara!

Bev

Virginia Beach, VA

Please do come if you are in the area. Send me a dmail. How far is the drive?Bellie

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Bellie,
The DH says that it's probably about 200 miles. Not too bad...not bad at all. We will have to give it a good try.
Thanks so much for the invitation!
Bev

Virginia Beach, VA

200 miles!!! Not bad!!! Bellie

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Wow Jody, that's a really bright plant!!! Do you have an updated pic??
I off to see if I can find one!! I need a few more brights in the garden.

Debbie

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

200 miles is nothing, pretty much what I drive between the MD and VA places. ;)

Thanks Deb! Sorry, I don't have an updated pic. I don't have access to the pics from 03-06 here and haven't been up to MD this week to get one. I'll get one on Tuesday though.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Jody, that'd be great!!!! Thanks

Debbie

Newport News, VA(Zone 7b)

Wow, maybe we need to meet at Bellie's place and then drive up to see Jody. Jody, where is the new house roughly located at? (city/town?)

dmail me if you would rather not post.

Laura

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Awwww I wanna come too. Sniff sniff.

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Deb I got to MD last night... but I forgot my camera :( I'll go out and mesure though, so ya'll will at least know how big it gets.

Laura, right near Accomac, about an hour to the bay bridge. I would just love for ya'll to come visit. :)

Lani, hop a plane, come spend a week with me! :) You deserve a vacation and I would love to have you! :) I'm sure Laura and bellie would love for us t visit their gardens while you're here.

That is very doable. Virginia Beach as at the other end of the tunnel. If we can figure out a weekend day when it would be convenient for both of you, I don't mind doing the driving between places. I have a honda pickup that comfortably seats up to four with room in the back for any trading stuff (like we could get together and not find SOMETHING to trade, lol!). Those of us "southerners" could start down at Bellie's in the morning and maybe grab lunch on the way north and see Jody in the afternoon unless she wants to drive down in the morning and caravan back to her place. Are there any great hosta garden centers?

Jody, I've always wanted to see that part of Virginia, but haven't had an excuse yet to drive up that way.

Laura

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Jody,

You've reduced all of us poor hostaholics to whining again;)

Bev

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Aw, I wanna come too,,,,,,,,,,whine, whine, whine

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

sniff,sniff...feeling left out up here

MollyD

Virginia Beach, VA

Dmail me and we can make plans !! The yard really looks great. Arrive early and we can have lunch at the house. I am serious ladies. No thursday, it is my golf day with the ladies. Bellie

Ok,, how does the 23rd or 24th look?

Sorry folks up north! We do miss out on all those lovely midwest events though, don't we? Why don't you guys arrange a New England get together?

Laura

Virginia Beach, VA

Sounds good to me. Who is coming? Bellie

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Everyone is far away from me! Wisconsin is north but about a full 24 hrs drive from here!

MollyD

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

It sounds like there is going to be a mini DG RU for Hostas! Sounds like a good time. If I were closer I would definitely invite myself along.

Your Lovely Loretta is a real prize. I am so glad that this thread was bumped up. If I keep adding to my 'hosta want list' I will soon not have any yard left at all.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Lawn is Way over rated (except to Bill,,,,grrrrr)

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Once again, Thanks! for the invite. Gotta get out everyone's calendar to see what's what. DD packing up for the first year of college...orientation...moving day...goodness what else day...:)
Bev

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Laura thats fine by me, no great hosta nurseries very close though :( There is a decent nursery about 15 miles north of here, they do have a nice selection of hosta, and lots of other plants....

Bev, get that calander worked out and let us know what works for you. Oh, and I do plan on a PDN trip for the open house. I had a flyer here with the dates but can't seem to find it. Can ya let me know when please? Thanks!

Aw come on now Molly.... It's not that far ;) .... I can be at the Tappan Zee Br in 6 hrs from the house in VA, it's just a "day" trip :)

marie, we'd love to have you at our little hosta RU. Invitation is to anyone, don't ya feel like making a road trip? ;)

Uummm, Kelly.... I think Bill needs a serious talkin' to ;)

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I try, I try but he's pretty anal when it comes to the yard. He doesn't feel like loading and unloading rocks in this heat. Maybe closer to the fall? I can pray and hope

Virginia Beach, VA

You just let me know. Bellie

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Uh Jody it's another 6 -8 hrs from the Tappan Zee bridge to my house! That's a good 12-14 hr drive one way!! Paul won't do it and the truck (what I drive) would cost a small fortune to get there.

MollyD

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.