Journal

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Well another cold morning this morning. The ground has a light frost on it. I think the temps are around 27. Enough already! Tired of all this cold...Today I hope to get some outside work done. It dried up somewhat yesterday. I have a fence that I need to do some work on. The horses want to be where the goats are at feeding time and the goats want to be where the geese are etc. etc. Mass confusion. I am hoping to fix the problem today. Not much else going on. Ya'll have a good day! It is so nice to be here! Blessings all, Lisa

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I really slept in this morning! Just got up a few minutes ago. DH & DGS have already done the outside chores so I don't have to go out at all for a while.
The snow is mostly melted but the ground is still frozen pretty solid. DGS has been trying to get the lawnmower out of the garage & into the machine shed for some time. He is going to try it again now. There is a bit of a hump in front of the machine shed door that gives problems. I've told him that he had better not tell me he needs it and the little wagon we pull behind it before spring. He obsesses about issues and activites sometimes. Typical of us ADD people.
This is another of those days that will see most of the cats and dogs spending a lot of the day outside. The cats aren't too happy about that.
Have a wonderful day everyone.

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good morning. I'm just so glad to be here! We've got 18* and fog with a little breeze. Last evening we got just enough snow to almost cover the patches of bare ground. Lisa your 27* sounds ok to me. Our ground is frozen about 8 inches down, I have to use a pick to make a hole to bury the kitchen compost. Today I will work more with the mule colt, he was friendlier yesterday than the day before so I must be doing something right. Of course I would love to be able to just go into the corral and put a halter on him and lead him, but that is a ways down the line. He will walk up to me to be petted sometimes, but is suspicious if it is my idea. Nothing like a mule to teach you patience! I'm cooking a pot of red beans and hamhocks for supper, hubby loves beans, says that's what we will eat in heaven. I have different thoughts on this......It's time to get out and feed the hungry critters, thaw out the dog water, fill a bird feeder, try not to fall on the ice. See you all later, have a great day and count your blessings which are many.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Lots of "Black Ice" early this morning. As the day winds down, I'm so glad I was able to get outside chores done..it's freezing here! The 4 mil plastic sheeting in front of the hutches seemed to do the trick with keeping the warmth inside with the bunnies. This is my first winter with these new outdoor hutches and I want to keep the bunnies comfy.
Doesn't it figure...after deciding to get out of New Zealand Whites and promising my foundation breeders and young kits to one woman..I've had upteen people contact me about wanting them! When I looked before, I almost had to give them away..lol. I think what is happening (could be wrong) is that more people are wanting to raise their own meat with the news of: recession, salmonella poisoning, unnatural additives, supermarket meat prices, etc... Have a warm night, everyone :)
Trish

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images