Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

International Trading: What's happening to everybody

Communities > Forums > International Trading
bookmark
Forum: International TradingReplies: 23, Views: 596
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

May 29, 2002
12:40 AM

Post #30801

What everyone is doing now, in the northen hemisphere people are truly into Spring and cultivation of different flowers, vegetables, fruits must be underway, Let's know.

In the southern half, winter is approaching and some plants must to be taken inside, under lights or in the GH.

In this part of the world, the temperature has been under the 12o C during daytime and has been raining steady for a week, hope tomorrow we can see a bit of sun... The only happy one is my Oncidium bifolium that loves to get wet feets and it does look very healthy under this type of weather.

cristina
Lilith
Durham
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

May 29, 2002
12:49 PM

Post #270477

hi cristina, you'll be pleased to know that your chillies and thyme are thriving, the cayenne chilli has five fruits about 4 inches long already. i daren't put them outside as yet.

it's been rain rain and more rain here with the occasional visit from the sun, cold(ish) too, can't wait for some proper weather!
Evert
Helsinki
Finland
(Zone 4b)

May 29, 2002
1:44 PM

Post #270509

It has been very warm and sunny here, about +18 in shade everyday. And it's last schoolweek.. :} I have to water plants nearly everyday, boring :P
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

June 1, 2002
1:29 AM

Post #272207

Lilith it's good to hear from you ! and I'm sure soon you'll have nice weather, in England it is always a bit late, but it will come. Those chillies will produce tons, when they get established in the garden, so take your time and wait till it is safe.

Evert, how long will be the school holidays?
I bet you'll find more interesting thing to do and still do the watering shore, the plants will thank you. You're having nice spring weather, judging by the temperatures you tell, nice , sunny days.

Around here , the wet and cold weather continues...

cristina
Evert
Helsinki
Finland
(Zone 4b)

June 1, 2002
5:08 AM

Post #272367

Cristina, it is the last school day today... have to leave soon.

We had a very warm day yesterday, warmer than in UK or France! About 26 C in shade. And 24 C in Lapland 8)
Lilith
Durham
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

June 1, 2002
1:17 PM

Post #272472

you lucky thing evert, mind you it seems to be picking up here in the UK, it's about 19C here atm, not too bad, sunny too, i'm gonna get the sun-lounger out!

cristina - the chillies are gonna be going outside in the next week or so. i'm gonna get some big pots, they should look nice in those.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

June 2, 2002
3:48 AM

Post #272920

Evert, have a nice break and enjoy your holidays. I'm surprised that you're having so high temperatures for that latitude. Anyway it's nice, course you have so much snow in winter, I thought that only at the end of June you'd have sunny weather!

Lilith, tell me what other plant are you getting ready to put outside?

cristina

I forgot to tell, today we have a lovely sunny day after 10 days of rain, I'm telling you, it was about time!
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 2, 2002
4:36 AM

Post #272960

I'd trade a 10 sunny days for one nice day of rain right now:)

This message was edited Sunday, Jun 2nd 12:37 AM
Evert
Helsinki
Finland
(Zone 4b)

June 2, 2002
11:08 AM

Post #273032

That's what most people think. I'm happy it doesn't get over +27 C in shade here often, plants like it better. And don't have to water them so much.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

June 2, 2002
9:51 PM

Post #273298

So, we can all see it: It's always better at the other side of the fence...

No, I would prefer sunny weather at any time !

Make sure to enjoy your spring and summer, soon enough will be my turn for good weather and outside gardening.
Love you all.

cristina
Lilith
Durham
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

June 2, 2002
11:54 PM

Post #273344

cristina - your thyme is outside in the sun, the peppers will be going out soon. the thyme is really nice, it has such wide leaves and a glossy green. smells nice too, do you know exactly which kind it is?

i've just put some seed-raised dahlias outside for a little to harden off as i'll be planting those soon.

you're probably going to see a little less of me in the last few weeks as i've just got a new job and also 'Big Brother' is on, so happy gardening everyone!
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

June 5, 2002
8:54 PM

Post #275336

Lilith, most of the herbs and flower that I do send, they are proper of this region. That thyme has been at my family garden since I can remember so it must be heirloom and yes, it is nice to see and tasty to cook with, with care you should have it for years, it self seeds and you can keep a couple of plant in a pot and take it inside after flowering to mature the seeds.
Hope to see you soon, and happy to hear from you.

cristina
Lavanda
Mcallen, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 21, 2003
4:39 AM

Post #453731

Hola, Cristina

So what is going on right now in YOUR garden?

Love, Lavanda
Jianhua
Shangshui, Henan
China
(Zone 7b)

January 22, 2003
1:34 PM

Post #454598

Cristina,
My gardening activities are now in half hibernation because of the cold weather.I cannot help expecting the arrival of Spring very soon.Share us some hot air? ):
Evert
Helsinki
Finland
(Zone 4b)

January 22, 2003
3:57 PM

Post #454647

Jianhua, how's the weather there now?
Jianhua
Shangshui, Henan
China
(Zone 7b)

January 23, 2003
3:01 PM

Post #455313

Evert,
It is just above the freezing point.
Only my bonsai Wintersweet is in blossom.
Lavanda
Mcallen, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 23, 2003
8:46 PM

Post #455514

I am also in zone 8, and it is 4:00 pm and 23 degrees F, whch is below zero in Centrigrade.

It is sunny and clea, which is unusua, because "normally",
when the sun is out it warms up quickkly around here.

I was out taking fotos right now for as long as I could stand the cold.

My toes are cold!

Love, Lavanda
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

January 26, 2003
7:30 PM

Post #457776

Hi friends, How's everybody.

I have been away from my PC.

Lavanda please to meet you! and yes, my garden is all flower and fragrance. The Pawlonias have just finishing their flowering and now the Magnolia are out with all their fragrance and beauty , also the Catalpa and the Golden Rain tree is starting to blossom.
My oriental lillies are wonderful and the other flower are making a beauty of my place.

The vegies and herb are so healthy : I've been very lucky with my gardening efforts so far this season...

Jianhua, it is lovely to hear from you!
The weather it is nice and hot , some days with night rain just perfect for the garden, Jianhua.

I do have some Bonsais and I do have to be careful with them so I do keep them under the big trees: the're beautiful !

And Lavanda , I do feel that you're so brave. I'm more than a 100 Km away from the snow in winter so I feel your winter are so severe that must be a joy to get Spring around the corner!

cristina
Lavanda
Mcallen, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 26, 2003
11:32 PM

Post #457935

Well, I dont complain too much.

The problem with here is that both summer and winter are extreme. And even in winter we get some dayso much like spring that many of the plants are fooled. They begin to bloom and then ZAP! we get a hard freeze again >

It is definitely a challenge but after all, this is NOT
paradise...that is somethng left to look forward to and anticipate.

I so wish I could see your area though.

Love, Lavanda
Jianhua
Shangshui, Henan
China
(Zone 7b)

January 27, 2003
3:00 PM

Post #458375

Aha,Cristina,
You are making me envious.
You know just the day before yesterday
here in my region fell a white snowfall.
Do hope your hot current can hit me
at this time of year.):
See,people think of Hot while in Cold,
and Cold for Hot.
Remembered one burning midday in the summer
when I was a very kid,in order to
experience the summer COLD,
I went to town barefoot to taste some ice-creams
(at that time the stuff just came into being in my region)
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

January 28, 2003
2:08 AM

Post #458849

Isn't nice how the dear old brain keep snap-shot from years gone by?

Lovely to read about your memories Jianhua.

cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

January 28, 2003
2:23 AM

Post #458866

Lavanda asked me to put some some photos from around this area .

I did put some in this forum thread :

http://davesgarden.com/t/371970/

The ones from my garden I will have to find.
Lavanda
Mcallen, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 28, 2003
2:36 AM

Post #458883

Jianhua, my friend, I certainly hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Do the Chinese people celebrate birthdays very much?

Love, Lavanda
Jianhua
Shangshui, Henan
China
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2003
9:33 AM

Post #458998

Yes,Lavanda,this year's birthday of mine is special for me.
Yes,we Chinese,I think,have birthdays the ways just like you do.that is eating and eating.): Here kids and elders like to be celebrated the days.Well,see my birthday thread for more info... Thank you!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other International Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
CLOSED: Who can I trade seeds with? singleyellowros 23 Feb 11, 2008 3:12 PM
CLOSED: Looking for Japanese Morning glory seeds and Japanese iris gloriag 2 Jun 7, 2008 6:05 PM
Palm seeds for trade gcolbert28303 5 May 5, 2008 12:57 AM
Salvia Seeds for Salvia Seeds:) annette68 6 Oct 30, 2007 4:01 AM
Ipomoea batatas B1ZZYL1ZZY 19 May 18, 2007 9:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America