Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

PlantFiles Pictures: Eastern Redbud (Cercis canadensis)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 2, Views: 370
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
hczone6
Cincinnati (area), OH
(Zone 6a)

June 1, 2002
1:00 PM

Post #31210

Eastern Redbud, Canadian Redbud, Judas Tree
Cercis canadensis

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/217/

Thumbnail by hczone6
Click the image for an enlarged view.

lakesideoh

July 5, 2003
11:56 PM

Post #574917

I am looking to identify a tree, leaves similar to Eastern Redbud, but OPPOSITE, not alternating. Similar size to dogwood, flowers unknown. HELP??

Thumbnail by lakesideoh
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Monocromatico
Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
(Zone 11)

July 6, 2003
8:05 PM

Post #575634

I wouldn´t say that the leaves in this picture are opposite. They look alternate in a compact branch. I can see two or three pairs of leaves coming from different points. I´d say that this is a dense branch with alternate leaves that look opposite due to the compact lenght between them. (the leaves´ shape match with the ones in plant above)

But then again, I could be wrong :^P

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America