Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Vegetable Gardening: Veggie Garden Happy Dance!!!

Communities > Forums > Vegetable Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Vegetable GardeningReplies: 9, Views: 104
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2002
8:40 PM

Post #31597

Yes,it's true...I'm actually planting my garden!!

It's only 95* here today with the humidity about the same,but I got my garden turned over...still a touch heavy,but this is about as good as it gets this year.I've still got a couple of wet spots,but most of it is plantable.

I'm in the middle of running my tomato trellises and thought I'd better take an AC break. Ya'll have been so supportive,that I thought you should know first.

I'll start putting tomatoes in here in the next couple of hours and will plant seeds as I get the ground laid out. My tomatoes are suffering terribly and I need to get them in.The Rose Beauty and German Red Strawberry are somewhat smaller,but still are more than ready to set out.

I may miss chat tonight and plant by artificial light if my back holds out!
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2002
8:58 PM

Post #274677

HAH!...As soon as I saw this thread title I knew you were finally planting!!! This is GREAT!! I see you smiling as you typed this!!
Congrats!!! Love it!!!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2002
11:31 PM

Post #274782

I've given up for the evening..it's just waaay too hot and tomorrow is supposed to be cooler.(s'posed to rain too)But I can't go no more. Things are finally manageable and that was what I was going for today.Everything is sitting on GO for planting tomorrow morning...so I'm going to get a shower and scrub off some of this sweat and crud.I'm blistered too...but I feel GREAT!!!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 5, 2002
1:34 AM

Post #274862

Melody - I'm so happy for you. I hope it's cooler tomorrow and doesn't rain so you can get more done. I got to hand it to you - 95* - I would be a melted puddle on the back patio.
I was able to get my tomatoes in the garden on Memorial Day weekend. I wasn't really sure I'd ever get it done with all the rain we've had. They seem to be doing very well.
good luck tomorrow.
tiG
Newnan, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 5, 2002
2:40 AM

Post #274914

mel, so happy for you, I know you've been waiting for this!!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2002
3:18 AM

Post #274933

Can't wait to get up in the morning! The heat was smothering elsie,but I just couldn't walk away from it.

I'm cutting back on varieties because of the late start,but I'll post what I end up with.
Joan
Belfield, ND
(Zone 4a)

June 5, 2002
3:19 AM

Post #274934

Mel, I'm so glad you finally got to plant the 'maters! I hope yours do better than mine did. Mine are no more :( I planted them, then we hit upper 80's, then back down to the 40's and 50's and I can't find any living matter anymore. Next year I'll do better I hope.

Sending you great tomato vibes for a great harvest!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2002
3:28 AM

Post #274937

Hopefully I'll have seeds again for next year Joan...that's my mission this season.Anything else is just gravy.
Brook
Richmond, KY
(Zone 6b)

June 5, 2002
11:32 AM

Post #275026

Worst case scenario, Melody, you know we're out here with seed to replace any you've lost.

But I think you'll be alright. You may not get a bumber crop, due to timing and heavy, wet soil. But once they're in the ground they should grow. Mine are doing alright, so far, despite the monsoons and constant wet feet.
lupinelover
Grove City, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 6, 2002
7:29 PM

Post #275975

Congrats on your veggie garden! Just make sure you do your happy dance in the path, not in the beds :) Also, try to position yourself over top of the ant hills! Great organic pesticide treatment LOL

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Vegetable Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
very important question farmgirl21 31 Jan 8, 2008 12:31 AM
Need Source For Chinese Vegetable Seed berrygirl 18 Jun 15, 2008 7:21 PM
An accidental lesson Farmerdill 26 Feb 24, 2013 12:10 PM
Planting the "Three sisters" HilltopDaisy 94 Jul 6, 2011 3:38 AM
Rhubarb emilyrasmus 19 Apr 25, 2013 4:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America