-
AuthorContent
justmeLisa
Brewers, KY
(Zone 6b)

June 13, 2002
12:56 PM

Post #32621

I noticed how much you like lamps! Take a look at these two beauties. I found them in a friends dad's attic. They were tossed aside under heaps of treasures! They gave me these two lamps and they kept the mauve colored one. The lamp shades were still intack however there were no coverings on them, the fabric had long been dry rotted. I bought the new shades at Wal Mart, but wish I could have had the old ones recovered. I just love the glass knobs on top the lamp shade. My friend is in his mid fifties and remembers seeing these lamps in his old aunts house as a little boy.

Thumbnail by justmeLisa
Click the image for an enlarged view.

REDROSE
New Iberia, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 13, 2002
1:16 PM

Post #280534

Oh my, I love this a lot so beautifully Old Victorian, my favorite. Some day hope to find me at Fleamarket might have not always easy to find.
mingsmimi
Sharpsville, PA
(Zone 5a)

June 19, 2002
12:12 AM

Post #284776

very pretty! nice old bases. :)
velveteena
Seattle, WA

October 16, 2007
5:41 AM

Post #4088161

Considering how many of our aunts probably had those same lamps (mine did!), you sure don't find them very often. I don't remember the shades, as I was at the level of the people in the picture on the base. They seemed to be quite enjoying themselves. Sometimes you'll find a plate with that same graphic on it. Very romantic.
Glenda_Michigan
Fowlerville, MI
(Zone 5b)

October 20, 2007
3:33 AM

Post #4103142

Lisa,
They're beautiful lamps!! And the shades you bought for them are perfect!! ...It's always fun to go "treasure hunting"! ;)

Glenda
bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 20, 2007
10:40 AM

Post #4103538

Hi, Lisa
Lovely, lamps. And free, you cannot beat that price. Do you antique much? I collect some glassware and pottery mostly.

I like McCoy planters. I have a couple of the Brush/McCoy ones. Hull and Shawnee are pretty pricey. We were back down to KY Lake over fall break camping and I hit a couple of the shops.

Sometime I use this site for reference, you might try looking up your lamps.
http://www.tias.com
Teresa
justmeLisa
Brewers, KY
(Zone 6b)

October 20, 2007
11:51 AM

Post #4103622

Hi girls,
That picture is an old one, from 2002. When it came back up it made me miss my old home for a few minutes! (in Louisiana)

Those lamps now sit boxed up, no room to put them out for the moment. Funny thing, since I've moved here I have a different take on things. It is odd how that has changed.

I don't collect anymore, but I used to collect milk glass, however, I still enjoy going to junk shops to just look around.

thanks for the link.

happy junking!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM
Can anyone identify these? Terri1948 29 Apr 24, 2009 10:14 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America