Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Plant Identification: SOLVED: More info required on this

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 9, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

June 14, 2002
4:02 AM

Post #32706

I have identified this plant as Euphorbia caracasana - I have posted it in the P.database. I do not know much details on this plant. Can anyone help me in the search so that I can fill the void?

Thumbnail by Dinu
Click the image for an enlarged view.

MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

June 14, 2002
6:33 AM

Post #281147

Dinu... this is the only descent url i can find ... http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/4889/plant14.html

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

June 14, 2002
10:54 AM

Post #281192

Saw the link MVR. I had seen it earlier but I had my doubts. That's why I posted it here. Mine has all reddish leaves and I have planted in the ground in full sun. In my workplace, they had kept a couple of plants indoors and it had its new leaves green which I think would eventually turn reddish. Mine however hasn't thrown any green leaves.
justmeLisa
Brewers, KY
(Zone 6b)

June 14, 2002
11:46 AM

Post #281207

Dinu, I know this is off topic, but what kind of camera do you use? Your photos are just lovely.
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

June 14, 2002
1:57 PM

Post #281265

Dinu ... basing from all materials read & previous experiences, it was indicated NOT to put in full sun,only in well lite area. the sun will scorch or make the leaves turn red. make an experiment to prove my point... take a cutting, plant some and place in a partly shaded area, and u will see the greens.

Brugie
Chariton, IA
(Zone 5b)

June 14, 2002
2:15 PM

Post #281272

Gee, I thought they were supposed to be red. I am pretty sure this is what I got this spring from a friend. It is being trained as a standard. I have it in the sun with a little shade during the heat of the day and it is so pretty. I love the red leaves. Will check out the site posted too.

Nope, mine is Cotinifolia. Mine can take the sun.

This message was edited Friday, Jun 14th 10:11 PM

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

June 17, 2002
4:57 AM

Post #283192

Justmelisa, the camera I use is a borrowed one: Sony Mavica. My friends - the Thomases readily offer their valuable camera for me (I can't afford to buy one) and I am grateful to them. Without this help from them, I would never have imagined to post so many pictures here on DG. Glad you liked the hands too behind the camera!!

MVR, I will do the experiment as you suggested.
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

June 17, 2002
5:25 AM

Post #283199

good luck Dinu :)! lmk what u find out, ok.
justmeLisa
Brewers, KY
(Zone 6b)

June 17, 2002
11:46 AM

Post #283298

Dinu, which sony is it? I just bought one..hope it is the same one!

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

June 18, 2002
9:11 AM

Post #284069

JML:
Sony Mavica - don't remember the code. It comes something like two letters and two or three digits. It is not a new one. I have seen it with them for abut 4 years now. May be an older model. How much did yours cost?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America