Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Seed Trading: Pumpkin seeds

Communities > Forums > Seed Trading
bookmark
Forum: Seed TradingReplies: 3, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dave

October 24, 2000
4:40 PM

Post #44901

I save pumpkins every halloween, and label them with the year that I got them. I still have the seeds from my wife and my first halloween as a married couple!

Dave
Shannon
Raleigh, NC
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2000
12:46 AM

Post #44913

What do you intend to do with them, or is it just a sentimental thing? By the way, how long can you keep seeds before they are too old to plant? Is it different for different plant types? Just curious!

Shannon
dave

October 25, 2000
2:05 AM

Post #44920

I hear a story that they found seeds in an Egyptian pyramid. They planted them and they germinated.

Don't know if it's true, but, here's a personal anecdote:

I bought a packet of seeds in 1996 - they were Snow Snap Peas, Betters Homes & Garden variety from Wal-Mart. Every year I plant about 20 seeds, and I get 100% germination. This year they grew to 7 feet tall before I finally topped them to force the fruit to start coming in!

I've never had a problem with old seeds, though some varieties definitely go bad.

Dave

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Seed Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My seeds Holly 7 Dec 7, 2010 4:21 AM
wanted orange coneflower SEEDLADY 22 Aug 31, 2007 5:28 AM
Have: Primula Elatior, Mesembryanthemum, Cuphea Ignea babalu 9 May 3, 2010 10:57 AM
looking for mimosa tree seeds (pods) jishro 53 Jan 20, 2011 5:03 PM
Another source for SASE seeds Terry 32 Jun 7, 2011 8:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America